Compass Training Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Compass training detail

Hello everyone, please help me understand and try to summarize what Compass training will be like for a newbie at Compass:

1) We receive about $23.18 during training. We get 18.75 hours for the first 30 days in training which is at home.

2) Question what is meant by home? Home study? MSP?

3) Then you come back and get 75 hours guar. You pay for a hotel in MSP. around 4 to 5 nights then they send u to Montréal and they pay for hotel and per diem while you are there.

4) Is Montreal a 45 day stay?

5) From the start of your 1st day in class expect to be done about 2 1/2 months. Hope that helps ohh and expect to be paid as an FO once you finish IOE for about 3-5 months that’s the length expected to be an FO then pay goes to 60.41. <<<< is this a true statement???

Can anyone share what the breakdown of the 2 ½ months may look like? I.e.

Of course passing the interview and us being professionals, does mgmt. have high expectations of the class, since they want to get up and running in a short order?

One regional not going to mention here, expected that everyone Knew how to fly a jet, but hired allot of piston drivers, the end result only former regional drivers made it through who all eventually left within 6 months.

Class make-up? Former/current FOs, Captains, any Piston drivers,

Number of days of indoc?

Number of days of GSO?

Number of days of systems training?

Number of days of CBT?

Number of SIM sessions, which does not include check-ride or LOFT?

Number of breaks (not a big deal) but for others it would be nice if there were days off for home, or study days, RR

Thanks in advance for helping all of us trying to paint a better picture of Compass.

Hello everyone, please help me understand and try to summarize what Compass training will be like for a newbie at Compass:

1) We receive about $23.18 during training. We get 18.75 hours for the first 30 days in training which is at home.

yes

2) Question what is meant by home? Home study? MSP?

your house,home,casa,crib they give u the material and u have 30 days to complete it.

3) Then you come back and get 75 hours guar. You pay for a hotel in MSP. around 4 to 5 nights then they send u to Montréal and they pay for hotel and per diem while you are there.

Yes

4) Is Montreal a 45 day stay?

No expect to be there around 35 from what I have been told

5) From the start of your 1st day in class expect to be done about 2 1/2 months. Hope that helps ohh and expect to be paid as an FO once you finish IOE for about 3-5 months that’s the length expected to be an FO then pay goes to 60.41. <<<< is this a true statement???

the pay yes upgrade is still unknown. depends when you start class

Can anyone share what the breakdown of the 2 ½ months may look like? I.e.

30 days in ur house followed by 1 week in MSP then 30 days in YUL doing systems and sims and loft

Of course passing the interview and us being professionals, does mgmt. have high expectations of the class, since they want to get up and running in a short order?

Yeah i hope so. They hired up to now most high time guys with 121 PIC time.

One regional not going to mention here, expected that everyone Knew how to fly a jet, but hired allot of piston drivers, the end result only former regional drivers made it through who all eventually left within 6 months.

Class make-up? Former/current FOs, Captains, any Piston drivers,

the latest class had 8 every one had some sort of turbine PIC time

Number of days of indoc?

at home plus 2-3 days of stuff

Number of days of GSO?
??

Number of days of systems training?
??

Number of days of CBT?
30 days

Number of SIM sessions, which does not include check-ride or LOFT?
??

Number of breaks (not a big deal) but for others it would be nice if there were days off for home, or study days, RR

let you know in about a month

Thanks in advance for helping all of us trying to paint a better picture of Compass.

Look up

If one were given a Oct. 26th class date per say, looking into the compass crystal ball, approx. how long till upgrade? hypothetical question....

Latest resources

Back