Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to Get 36 E175s (With 36 CR9s to Another Operator)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Northwest orders 36 Bombardier aircraft
Thu Oct 5, 2006 5:36 PM ET
LOS ANGELES, Oct 5 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc. <BBDb.TO> said on Thursday that Northwest Airlines Corp. <NWACQ.PK> has placed an order for 36 Bombardier CRJ900 aircraft and has taken options on an additional 96, for a total of 132 aircraft if all options are exercised.

The transaction is conditional upon Northwest Airlines receiving approval from the U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York.

Bombardier said the value of the orders based on list prices would be about $1.35 billion, rising to $5.18 billion if all options are exercised.

An Airlink partner, to be determined at a later date, will operate the 36 Bombardier aircraft.

Could this be Skywest? Maybe if ASA could get their contract worked out it could even be them...Just my .02

Could this be Skywest? Maybe if ASA could get their contract worked out it could even be them...Just my .02

NWA would never give airplanes to an entity they can't control 100%...period!!! That's why they bought out the Swenson family stake in XJ. NW was pissed Rob started AirTran.

How does a bankrupt airline that isn't paying it's creditors order 1.3 Billion dollars worth of new planes anyway?

They will be making a profit by sub leasing them out at a higher rate.

Not going to happen, my friend.

oh I know. Believe me, if they want to pay the same amount for flying a jet with 76 seats as they do for the 50 seats, it ain't gonna happen...

Latest resources

Back