• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass to begin service

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Word over here is that one of the 9E flights out of there everyday will no be under the compass flag using 9E crews. That's a pretty heavy rumor, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Detroitpilot22 said:
I would really like to know who is going to be flying these planes since training takes 2 months and october 1st is in 2 weeks.

Whomever it is, they will probably be known as SCABS !!!!

well, at least here on FI.com

Last edited:
YourPilotFriend said:
Word over here is that one of the 9E flights out of there everyday will no be under the compass flag using 9E crews. That's a pretty heavy rumor, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Interesting rumor, but is the FAA going to accept this as a Compass flight? I doubt it. A PCL A/C with PCL Ops specs. and crews. What call sign is to be used? I don't think the FAA will accept that as the start of Compass operations.
Wasn't the former CP. from "i" hired by the NWA folks in charge of the whole Compass deal? As I understand, they where using one of the former "Independence" CRJ's with former "i" personnel.

It is not 9E crews that are flying for compass. They have hired their own pilots that were training in Dulles a while back. As for where they came from I have heard that they were some old indy pilots that lived locally out there not trying to start a flame war but that is just what I heard (Union sources so take that for what it is worth)

Compass will start getting 70 seat aircraft soon after, and they will probably start replacing both dc9 routes and crj routes. My question to people outside of NWA is how many total 50 seat aircraft are there flying for USAIR United and Delta. Northwest has 125 flying for them right now. I am wondering if They will cut that number with 70 seat aircraft coming on to the property. Compass will now be the ultimate whipsaw for Mesaba and Pinnacle combined. The only question now is, who will buy compass after they have 11 aircraft?

Regional flying has become very competitive as of late do to 'Pay to Play' mentality of all the majors. Some regionals are even gone, while others are in bankruptcy. This sounds like an excellent time for Northwest Airlines (which is in bankruptcy themselves) to get into the regional feed again. I find it bizarre that the bankruptcy judge is even allowing this venture, but I guess its an open court that doesn't really care what they do. Throw out contracts, start a completely new airline, whatever.....

What about using the money thrown at Compass to shore up Northwest finances instead? Guess I'm not thinking like a CEO.

Latest resources

Back