Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

foodstamps

Hey,

Been reading conflicting reports on wether or not compass is still typing new hires? Seems like maybe there was a freeze on it, but they plan on resuming type ratings in the future, any truth to this?
Also, can someone do me a huge favor and PM me the email to the HR department? I have a question about my application. Thanks all!

Love,
Foodstamps

Hey,

Been reading conflicting reports on wether or not compass is still typing new hires? Seems like maybe there was a freeze on it, but they plan on resuming type ratings in the future, any truth to this?
Also, can someone do me a huge favor and PM me the email to the HR department? I have a question about my application. Thanks all!

Love,
Foodstamps

New hires are not currently getting typed due to a SNAFU with the FAA. It will continue once a new training program is approved and those who didn't get the type will get it at a later date pending an agreement with our union. I don't have a time frame on anything.

New hires are not currently getting typed due to a SNAFU with the FAA. It will continue once a new training program is approved and those who didn't get the type will get it at a later date pending an agreement with our union. I don't have a time frame on anything.

Yeah heard about this yesterday...bastards...

Can anyone shed some light on how good/bad reserve qol is? Also how good/bad is the contract in general? On par with other regionals? Im not terribly familiar with 121 contracts so if someone can break it down for me that would be a help

Gracias

Can anyone shed some light on how good/bad reserve qol is? Also how good/bad is the contract in general? On par with other regionals? Im not terribly familiar with 121 contracts so if someone can break it down for me that would be a help

Gracias

I can't speak for msp based reserve. In DTW I was on reserve last month and have a partial line this month. Since Mar. 17 I have flown 1 out and back and sat ready reserve once. Reserve here is much better than it ever was at Comair. So if you live in base it will be alright, commuting to reserve sucks.

Contract has some things I like compared to Comair, mainly on the reserve side. Overall it seems slightly weaker in a few areas, but it is the first contract. I'm not holding out for any large gains on the next one though.

My biggest qualms.
-1st yr pay clock doesn't start til someone from your class finishes IOE
-No hotel during training
-Critical/open time pickup on reserve doesn't pay unless you have flown over guarantee
-Don't know reserve window til 12ct the day before a rsv day

Good things:
-No single days off, you can waive this if you want
-Only one Ready reserve crew on at a time (Comair would have 4 full crew sitting at the airport
-Self release at 1800 on last day of reserve if not assigned anything
-Must give at least one reserve a holiday day off (Comair would have everyone working Christmas)

I only really know the reserve rules, haven't had much experience as a line holder yet...hopefully soon

Great info, thank you! How long is the wait to get into MSP? Anything else a potential new hire should know in regards to work rules and the misery of commuting? Thanks again

Foodstamps

Msp before you're out of training or within a month or two right now

Great info, thank you! How long is the wait to get into MSP? Anything else a potential new hire should know in regards to work rules and the misery of commuting? Thanks again

Foodstamps

I got MSP before I was out of GOS....still in training but already have 20 under me on the list...

Um, a type rating is required to operate second in command for that airplane is it not? The difference is the SIC restriction.

And you know getting through the 121 programs deserves some recognition. So congrats to all the FOs that qualify.

Some don't get through the training and get fired. It is one of the hardest stepping stones in the business, and figuring out how you as an individual to get through it deserves a rating. Lets not forget those that bust out of their first 121 IOE, and there has been higher percentages of that lately in the previous decade cause of the pilot shortages and low time pilots. It takes some doing and figuring out to pass these training programs.

Latest resources

Back