Compass now hiring!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Current written if you already have an ATP?

THAT is a good question.

As a technical writer, some of these hiring informational pages drive me crazy.

I just re-updated my application (the pilot job can now be found as an open position again on their hiring page). I just found out, from reading the minimum requirements closely, that I do not meet the minimums.

While I have the "time and experience requirements to meet ATP-MEL requirements", I do NOT have a Commercial-MEL and Instrument-MEL, and I do NOT have a current ATP Written.

I am almost 100% sure I meet the minimums, but whoever wrote them on their hiring page excluded me, with the current verbiage.

cliff
LFW

The wording on most things posted here at Compass dont make sense. Our manuals are just as bad. It is common to see on thing written in one place of a manual and then totally contradicted somewhere else.

Based on my experience when I came here in 07. If you have a ME-ATP you dont need a written. If you have a single ATP w/ no ME on it....I have no idea for sure but would think you are ok and it would be an add on. (Dont quote me though) (The wording for the app was the same in 2007.)

Talking with other pilots here none of us know what they are looking for when it comes to any postition. Many applied to be check airman and were told they were not experienced enough. Most had well over 5000 hours, 2000 in type and most of that as captains and were told they were not qualified?!?!?! AT A REGIONAL!!!

We have had some get hired at 1500 hours and others at 15000. We have had several get multiple internal recs and still get no calls while others have no recs and get calls. If you are lucky enough to figure it out pass it along. All of the current CP pilots want to know just as much as you do.

Last edited:
4000 total here with 2000 on the E170 and an internal rec. Furloughed NJA. Received the "thanks but no thanks e-mail." Amazing what it takes just to get an interview nowadays!!!

Hey RP170 when did you get the "No thanks email"? I'm in the same boat as you hours wise just don't have the 170 time I'm also NJA

Got it about 3 days ago. My internal rec. said that the CP told him it was because I had only worked at my 170 gig for 2.5 years and then left and went to NJA. Apparently you shouldn't leave a regional when making 35K per year to go to a fractional where you'll make 70K per year right off the bat in order to better your career and family???? Now they are afraid I'd leave Compass too quickly. There is no chance I'd leave before flowing to Delta. I could guarantee them that.

You'd also have to resign your NJA seniority number. Not that I think that's even going to be an issue in the future with the way things are going there. You'll most likely be at Delta before you'd have to worry about a recall at NetJets.

Last edited:
Hi.

Sometimes the HR dept does stuff that doesn't make sense that's for sure! Going to DAL in 3 years is very nice!

cliff
LFW

nobody hired at Compass today will be at DAL in 3 years.
4 years min.
only 25% of the compass pilots can flow to DAL in 12 month.

nobody hired at Compass today will be at DAL in 3 years.
4 years min.
only 25% of the compass pilots can flow to DAL in 12 month.

Also, its going to get a little rediculous if delta keeps hiring in the future. Compass will be a scary airline to fly on with all of the turnover. There will be no experience in the left seat when people are constantly leaving. Of course, every regional will be like this then.

Also, its going to get a little rediculous if delta keeps hiring in the future. Compass will be a scary airline to fly on with all of the turnover. There will be no experience in the left seat when people are constantly leaving. Of course, every regional will be like this then.
That's unfounded. There will be no street captains, everyone will have ATP mins, everyone is typed (PIC) in the airplane. Every Captain will have at least 2 yrs as an FO. This is pretty good with repect to most regional experience levels.

You won't have that many 10 yr captains, but you will also not have the 350 hr wonders too....

Latest resources

Back