• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass now hiring!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey listen. No flame here at all. I was just wondering, why do you have E190 on your aircraft ratings? Last time I checked compass doesn't fly the 190. Its like an air Wisconsin pilot putting up CRJ-900 on his aircraft ratings. An E170 would have sufficed. Those are the little ERAU things that make you go hmm...

I think they get typed in both the 170/190 during initial training..

I think they get typed in both the 170/190 during initial training..

You are correct.....same ride, just had to be taught some differences. And of course they did this to tick off CX880........even though he's closing in on 2000 post, he get's no respect!!!!

Cool dude! Although i'm sure you tell the ladies that you are a Delta pilot. Don't worry, no one can hear you. Except for Jesus.
You seem to have some jealosy or envy issues......

Hey listen. No flame here at all. I was just wondering, why do you have E190 on your aircraft ratings? Last time I checked compass doesn't fly the 190. Its like an air Wisconsin pilot putting up CRJ-900 on his aircraft ratings. An E170 would have sufficed. Those are the little ERAU things that make you go hmm...

Check again... You really are slow. The type rating is written exactly as on my license 170/190. Under aircraft flown it says 175.

Great. Comair is owned by the same company you are. They are both ALPA. And Comair has almost 300 pilots on furlough and you are hiring. Great job ALPA!

I thought Comair was sold by Delta years ago or was that ASA? Either way why do you feel that Comair has rights to be hired at Compass if Comair didn't negotiate for that right?

Comair and Compass are owned by Delta . I don't think two ALPA carriers owned by the same company should allow one to furloughs while the other one hires.

Ha...i applied there...12 years 121, >8000 TT, >4000 JetPIC...got a no thanks email from the "talent acquisition team". not that i would have gone anyway, but have to apply to 3 jobs a week to collect unemployment.

Comair and Compass are owned by Delta . I don't think two ALPA carriers owned by the same company should allow one to furloughs while the other one hires.

You make it sound so simple, yet the histories of both companies are very different, which I'm guessing I don't need to explain. If everything between the companies were equal, I'd agree with you, but Compass is a relic of the Redtail, with it's own contractual differences and problems, and Comair is the longtime child with feel-good stories like RJDC. The only reason Compass is hiring is in prep to lose pilots with the Delta flow. That's the same flow that most people thought would result in the flushing of the entire list a year or two ago. The general opinion has shifted from "Glad I didn't take that risk and I'm not there to get furloughed" to "Oh crap, that flow might work, that's not fair because I'm not getting mine, how can we make it look bad and stop someone else from success?".

This isn't the only airline with this issue. Not all are ALPA, but what about Pinnacle/Colgan, Skywest/ASA, The whole Republic/Frontier/Midwest debacle? At the end of the day, even though they are both owned by Daddy D, they are ran as two very different airlines. If ALPA kept everything equal, well we would all live in a very different world, for better or worse.

Ha...i applied there...12 years 121, >8000 TT, >4000 JetPIC...got a no thanks email from the "talent acquisition team". not that i would have gone anyway, but have to apply to 3 jobs a week to collect unemployment.

do you have a 4 year degree?

Latest resources

Back