• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass New Hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmm... CA rates top out at 101 after 18 years, FO at 44, 1.55 per diem, mostly unpaid training with housing your own responsibility. Compass pilots are directly replacing routes that used to be flown by DC9-10s and -30s at 135/84 per hour respectively by mainline pilots (post SOC). Doesn't that mean Compass guys are w*************************? Oh wait it's ok since it's an E175 and not an E190. Nevermind....

(For the dim-witted among you, the above is a firmly t-i-c post using, sadly, real facts to point out the hypocrisy here on Flightinfo. Carry on...)

Ya the pay sucks. Unfortunately it was negotiated by NWA pilots while they were in bankruptcy so the guys there didn't get to have any say in the contract. They also took an average of the pay for this type of aircraft from all of the carriers flying this size, anybody with a 900 or 170/175 in order to come up with that pay scale. The way it seems, most of the guys there are just trying to stay current until majors start hiring again. Also correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't NWA guys vote to have this airline created? Just another example of a major giving away our future careers because they don't hold scope. Also I don't think Midwest guys voted and essentially okayed the idea of 170s and 190s coming in and doing flying they were doing while it put their guys on the street. That doesn't make any sense really

Excuse me while I go search the internet for something more depressing than that statement

lol

I don't care who you are but you shall recieve the "best reaction possible to a statement of sheer doom" award.

QOL_is_great:) You are telling me NWA won't pay for hotels during any training? Is that for new hires only or when a pilot must attend required sim training/ground recurrent who is a line holder? Please tell me it's the former.[/QUOTE said:
This was an old policy when 2nd year guys made close to six figures. As was stated by Hockeypilot in a previous post, starting with the latest round of hiring (mid 2007) they provide free lodging, 80+ hrs credit per month, per diem the entire time, & positive space travel to and from MSP to your home of record on the weekends. You actually make more $ in training than you do flying the line on 1st year pay.

I was assigned the 747-200 panel in indoc. went thru ground school then was awarded the dc-9 (my 1st choice because i live in base). I was given 6 weeks off waiting on a dc-9 training date (getting the 80 hrs credit the entire time while sitting on my butt). I managed to get 4 1/2 months of training pay as a new hire. This was the best deal going for probationary pilots.

as far as going back to MSP for recurrent, upgrade training etc... They pay for everything!

The original poster stating otherwise was wrong

This should be obvious. No. It was a paycut to go work for them. Same goes for Pinnacle.

This statement drives me crazy, number one reason why people say they turn down a job. WHY DID YOU INTERVIEW!!! For one of you there's a billion that would want the job.

This statement drives me crazy, number one reason why people say they turn down a job. WHY DID YOU INTERVIEW!!! For one of you there's a billion that would want the job.

I interviewed to find out more. I wasn't offered a job, because I told them I couldn't afford to be an FO for more than a year. They were sympathetic, but they knew they'd find someone to take the job.

I applied, like everywhere else, because I was out of a job. Never been out of work, have you?

I applied at Compass and Pinnacle because they were upgrading in less than a year. This was as of April of 2008.

I also accepted a job at GoJets because I was offered a CQFO job, with an upgrade in three months. It's a whole other story why I never started training at GoJets.

Latest resources

Back