• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass New Hire?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Do what I do, have a beer with the old guy at the hotel, after 2 beers when he says he's done pretend like your going to your room too, but then head out to a real bar.

Ha, good advice. Thats what I do in my corporate gig always flying with the same guy who is twice my age (Im 24).

Hi!

I think the guys at Compass are a lot older than the guys you flew with at Chautaqua. They started by hiring guys with 8-9000 hours, and in the last year or so they've gotten tons of furloughees from other, often bigger, carriers.

One reason you might want to go to Compass was if you wanted to go to DAL, and didn't think you could get hired directly by DAL.

From what I have heard, you won't get furloughed at NJA, because so many people will take the buyout, that the buyout will go by seniority, and many people wanting the buyout won't even be able to get it.

cliff
NBO

I've heard there are quite a few taking the buyout..Both at NJA and NJI..I really don't know for sure though..

Santulli has stated our customers wealth is directly tied to the stock market and not so much the overall economy.. TRANSLATION. The stock market goes up, our owners may fly more.. That's my take on it anyway..Of course he has to be more doom and gloom.

I feel the only thing really hindering our business will be the selling of unused aircraft.. Especially at the given fair market value.. Most likely I see a loss on those aircraft. We bought high and sold low from what it sounds like.

Also i if you look at our daily revenue loads on crewops you may see a gradually month to month increase over the summer months. Even a relative day to day increase. (IE..take a monday and compare it to a monday the following week or few weeks) Also remember this is a typical slow time of year. If we're looking at near 400 or more rev. flights now, you can bet by Nov our loads will be in the red and yellow quite a bit.

I think that the wealthy were willing to take a break from vacationing over this past winter. Both because of the uncertainty of their financials and because it looks bad to be jetsetting at these times. But I can't imagine saying to the wife.."sorry no Aruba this year either!"

Take it for what it's worth..I'm still relatively junior, but I have a gut feeling things will be ok. I know the X has been real busy for me.

UR kiddin' right?

You are paid for most of training. They don't pay much during the first 30 days which is train at home on the computer.

They don't provide hotels in base, and they make everyone MSP based for training. Just like papa Northwest you are MSP to train but not always for your flying base.

You must train from home, via a computer and they don't pay you MUCH :eek:. Does anyone else see an issue with this? No wonder our industry can not find more qualified recruits who are willing to do this job. It's companies like this who don't pay sh*t for a salary. What a freaking joke!!! It's amazing how some will settle only because they'll be able to walk around and say their an airline pilot. Yet they fail to mention they're making foodstamp wages and only landed the job (with their low-time) because others won't settle.

You are telling me NWA won't pay for hotels during any training? Is that for new hires only or when a pilot must attend required sim training/ground recurrent who is a line holder? Please tell me it's the former.

I made $450 a week last year on unemployment. Interviewed with Compass in May. They asked if I could afford to work for Compass. What do you think I told them? They had more than enough to fill the class. There were at least 4 ex-ATA guys in my interview group.

I made $450 a week last year on unemployment. Interviewed with Compass in May. They asked if I could afford to work for Compass. What do you think I told them? They had more than enough to fill the class. There were at least 4 ex-ATA guys in my interview group.

Did you take the job?

Hi!

LOTS of places don't pay for hotels in training. Lots of places don't pay that much in training. Some pay $0 while you're in training. At my current job, they fixed those problems because there was no training at all. Day 1 you fly operationally at full pay. Kind of good, if you can hang, but kind of not so good...most guys couldn't deal with a situation like that.

I don't see why being at home to train is a BAD thing? You don't have to pay for a hotel, you get to be home with your family? Am I missing something here???

cliff
NBO

Hmm... CA rates top out at 101 after 18 years, FO at 44, 1.55 per diem, mostly unpaid training with housing your own responsibility. Compass pilots are directly replacing routes that used to be flown by DC9-10s and -30s at 135/84 per hour respectively by mainline pilots (post SOC). Doesn't that mean Compass guys are w*************************? Oh wait it's ok since it's an E175 and not an E190. Nevermind....

(For the dim-witted among you, the above is a firmly t-i-c post using, sadly, real facts to point out the hypocrisy here on Flightinfo. Carry on...)

Does anyone know if Compass is particular about whether or not an applicant has recall rights or is on a LOA from another carrier? I work at NetJets and we may be furloughing if enough guys don't do the early retirement. One of the options is taking a 3 year LOA where they pay you $1,000 a month and health benefits whether your number comes up for furlough or not. I'd like to get back into 121 in the long term, and Compass seems like a decent operation...so I was thinking about applying then taking the 3 year LOA.

Thoughts?

I would do it.

Latest resources

Back