• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Interview question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I had to leave my 6.5 year regional job for violating their miss trip policy. Word to the wise for all who commute it was easy to get in hot water over a few oversites on the bid list and a miss communication with scheduling. So be care and check your schedule twice cause its no fun try to explain your self in a interview while the rest of the field is squeak clean and talk with friend who are moving up and on.
Ive tried at AAI, B6 2 phase and Midwest, missed it by one question on their written. I want to go back to the show because of how it ended before.
I want to fly for a major like most who dream of a aviation career and think I need to step back to be able to move forward again.

I was exactly in your situation until a few months bacK! You've got to keep trying and do what it takes. Think of any contacts you have. I did'nt realize how dire my situation was until I got passed on by places like Mesaba, and Compass! I aced the sim at compass and know I got min. of 80% on the test, yet they still passed on me. I had a clean record for seven friken years prior to my seperation from my previous airline. Looking back I'm glad they passed on me (especially mesaba with their training contract), yet it didn't make me feel very good at the time. As a matter of fact, I felt extremely inferioir. I was almost ready to do the Mesa thing or something. I even thought of getting out of the business. But that really depressed me. I actually decided to take a 135 freight job just to keep flying (was already 6 months out of an airplane) and it was local. The day I was to start training for that, my contact came through for me and I got an offer at a decent major....go figure! I'm now flying a bus! The kind with wings of course!

Hopefully Compass has lightened up a little bit. I'd almost think they'd have to with all the hiring going on elsewhere. As you've stated, you might have to step back to go forward. You/we are lucky that the industry is in the hiring mode! Dont give up! Good luck.

How do you answer this question during the interview-

Why do you want to work for Compass?

1. Our history of miserable employee relations
2. Terrible pay
3. A flow-thru you I will never see (but what about
the chance to make $30 to fly a DC-9?)
4. I love MSP in the winter
5. Skybus wouldn't hire me

How do you answer this question during the interview-

Why do you want to work for Compass?

1. Our history of miserable employee relations
2. Terrible pay
3. A flow-thru you I will never see (but what about
the chance to make $30 to fly a DC-9?)
4. I love MSP in the winter
5. Skybus wouldn't hire me

That in fact was a difficult question, but they accepted our feigned enthusiasm. You are using them and they are using you, it's accepted. At the time I interviewed I projected 4 months between my E170 type rating and my next job. Turns out the "next job" came 4 weeks prior to Compass class. Would have enjoyed screwing NW out of a type....

Latest resources

Back