• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Interview question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have an interview with Compass soon and I have been studing the ATP prep for the general knowledge test. Has anyone else done the interview and is there something else I should review??
Thanks...

The 70 question written is straight out of the ATP book and they seemed to have picked the most confusing/tricky questions. But just curious...if you've flown a Saab, Gulfstreams, Citations and Lears, why Compass?

Stop studying for that ATP test, trust me. PA31Drvr is absolutely right about the question selection, the most unlikely, obtuse, bizarre, and poorly worded questions they could find. I and others laughed out loud at some of the questions, the kid administering the test said they aren't weighted heavily.

I didn't study, got maybe a 50% on that test if I was lucky, but they offered me the job anyway. Don't sweat it.

I don't recall any technical questions asked during the panel segment. For that matter, don't bother with sim prep, cause all you have to do is fly headings/ airspeeds in an old 727. If you can't do that, quit.

Agreed, I didn't study and the majority of the questions were very bizarre including stuff I have never even heard of. At the medical, all 6 of us discussed how messed up that test was. I doubt I got 70% but I still got a job offer.

I had to leave my 6.5 year regional job for violating their miss trip policy. Word to the wise for all who commute it was easy to get in hot water over a few oversites on the bid list and a miss communication with scheduling. So be care and check your schedule twice cause its no fun try to explain your self in a interview while the rest of the field is squeak clean and talk with friend who are moving up and on.
Ive tried at AAI, B6 2 phase and Midwest, missed it by one question on their written. I want to go back to the show because of how it ended before.
I want to fly for a major like most who dream of a aviation career and think I need to step back to be able to move forward again.

I had to leave my 6.5 year regional job for violating their miss trip policy. Word to the wise for all who commute it was easy to get in hot water over a few oversites on the bid list and a miss communication with scheduling. So be care and check your schedule twice cause its no fun try to explain your self in a interview while the rest of the field is squeak clean and talk with friend who are moving up and on.
Ive tried at AAI, B6 2 phase and Midwest, missed it by one question on their written. I want to go back to the show because of how it ended before.
I want to fly for a major like most who dream of a aviation career and think I need to step back to be able to move forward again.

Sorry to hear that. Is Compass hiring directly onto the E175? I thought Compass was currently operating a CRJ.

What's the delivery status of the E175 through the end of the year and what are the domiciles (MSP, DTW and MEM)?

They are taking delivery of 9 E175s this year and I think 26 next year. They are hiring into the E175. The first 50 or so pilots will be assigned capt slots right after training. Currently, MSP is the only domicile but from what they said, they will be opening DTW and MEM as bases in the future.

Latest resources

Back