Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
I don't know anything about this story, but for those of you who are interested:

Thursday, October 28

Listen

Subscribe to Podcast

Recent Programs

Contact The Story

AIRLINE WHISTLEBLOWER

f0935c8e284cf1a39422f15db55c25c7
This summer Kirsten Arianejad discovered the real cost of blowing the whistle. She lost her job. Kirsten worked for Compass Airlines, a regional carrier. Kirsten loved the job and the travel, but she says the pay structure is set up in such a way that she was earning about $17,000 a year for full-time work, so little that she qualified for food stamps. Kirsten spoke out to a local TV station. When her company found out, she was fired.

http://thestory.org/archive/the_story_1155_Kirsten_Arianejad.mp3

Pretty old story. Maybe she should have voiced her opinions about the wages she made (and knowingly signed up for, as wrong as they may be) through her newly elected AFA instead of the local media. Here's another idea: When you make crap for wages, maybe commuting to a crashpad in MSP from PHX isn't the most logical choice.

I think part of it is that they lure people in with "16.50/hr" and the people who don't figure out how that works are the ones who take the job.

Pretty old story. Maybe she should have voiced her opinions about the wages she made (and knowingly signed up for, as wrong as they may be) through her newly elected AFA instead of the local media. Here's another idea: When you make crap for wages, maybe commuting to a crashpad in MSP from PHX isn't the most logical choice.
heh... I was going to type up a long rebuttal to your insensitive and naive outlook about this woman... I'll leave it to you another way...

You're a d*uche.

heh... I was going to type up a long rebuttal to your insensitive and naive outlook about this woman... I'll leave it to you another way...

You're a d*uche.

Good call. It's much easier to call me names than to type a logical argument against the facts.

I think part of it is that they lure people in with "16.50/hr" and the people who don't figure out how that works are the ones who take the job.

This is a big part of the problem right there. The company loves to talk about the $ amount, not that you are only going to get 10 days off and are on call 24 hours a day the rest of the month.

Last edited:
First of all it is not whistelblowing when you are simply too dumb to understand what you are signing up for. Last time I checked, the NMB still requires carriers to post copies of their CBAs to its website. Event if the Compass agreement was not posted, asking any FA how they get paid would have gone pretty far to clear things up. To say that her going to the constitutes whilstleblowing is absurd and is a slap in the face real whistelblowers. Second I am guessing that Compass (and any other airline) has a policy against discussing the company without its permission. She obviously violated that policy and got disciplined. I do not feel bad for her.

Latest resources

Back