• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass FA Whisteblower Story

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys that think this chick is anything but a knucklehead must be smoking the good stuff. She took the position thinking she was gonna be some sort of sky godess and the reality of being a cart donkey sucks. There's no glamour in january when your doing overnights in cedar rapids. There's no whistle to blow here.

These jobs are not inteded to be long term. They are taylored to cycle the employee in and out. In most cases regional FA's are only expected to last 18-36mo. The last thing this girl needs is sensitivity. She needs a glass of real life because not everything is given to you. Get an education and a real job if you want to make some $$$.

This gets filed in the attempt to create drama folder as EPIC FAIL!
uhg, i got sucked in too... @#$$%^^%
And thus the race to the bottom continues... Between your typos, your ignorance, and your lack of making a connection to your own career... Ah f*ck it... your entire post was a waste of time.

One point though: As you throw stones and declare that she should be thankful for the scraps that she receives, remember there are those who think you are a "glorified bus driver" and would happily love to see you under the same pay and circumstances.

I think you are missing the major disagreement with this whole post. You are holding her up as a whistleblower and part of the reason for that is how she was paid. I think what we all know is that you cannot be a whistleblower for something that is public info. At best it shows that she did not take the time to understand what she was getting into when she took the job. Also, repeating rumors and speculation regarding mainenance does not constitute whistleblowing either. She is not in a position to know what she is saying. You keep defending her but you ignore the obvious flaws to her story.

I think you are missing the major disagreement with this whole post. You are holding her up as a whistleblower and part of the reason for that is how she was paid. I think what we all know is that you cannot be a whistleblower for something that is public info. At best it shows that she did not take the time to understand what she was getting into when she took the job. Also, repeating rumors and speculation regarding mainenance does not constitute whistleblowing either. She is not in a position to know what she is saying. You keep defending her but you ignore the obvious flaws to her story.
The problem lies in the fact that the public does not know that she was able to qualify for food stamps. And free market purists say that we should all side on the sidelines and force these companies to raise wages before we take these jobs... unfortunately, we do not live in these bubbles. We live in the real world. And if you don't take the job to feed your family, then someone else will. So she tried something, although foolhardy, to draw attention to her plight... and bring pressure to CP to raise wage standards.

Also, who is to say that the method of pay is not completely misrepresented in the Flight Attendant Open Houses? Were you there? I would say not. I can assume that it would be pretty easy to pull the wool over some of these applicants as far as pay matters. The airlines are taking advantage of these girls.... and unfortunately, they take advantage of us too.

I can't believe how many people are so venomous to this girl on this forum when her story emulates our own so closely. I think it all must derive from self-esteem issues we must have for taking such a sh*tty job and liking it...

We all should feel nothing but empathy for this girl. Regardless of her obvious mistakes that revealed her anonymity.

Last edited:
Also, who is to say that the method of pay is not completely misrepresented in the Flight Attendant Open Houses? Were you there? I would say not. I can assume that it would be pretty easy to pull the wool over some of these applicants as far as pay matters. The airlines are taking advantage of these girls.... and unfortunately, they take advantage of us too.

Your right. They probably do misrepresent the job to get them to show up. Come and fly for Comapss. Whenever you're not staying at the La Quinta and are not visiting such exciting places as Tulsa or Dayton, you can nonrev to Paris or Barcelona on your 30 hours off between your 5 consecutive days of duty and go on shopping sprees around the world for FREE.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for this girl and all regional employee's. You should demand better and stop with this "you should have known" attitude. I consider her a hero for making a stand and exposing these weenie management who hide behide their desk when asked questions about personnel quality of life. The only way to fix this mess is from public outcry because we all know the next group of FA/pilots will swoop in accept these piss poor condition. Who wants to contact 20/20?

She also accused Compass of not doing required maintenance; something that she was not in the position to know and, as far as I can tell, completely false.

Welcome to the Hulas way of doing business!!

Compass has some of the best maintenance of any regional out there. I suspect her claim of them not doing required maintenance is sightly skewed to embellish her side of the story. In no way is she a whistle blower...just an idiot who didn't realize how little money FA's actually make.

This is about to change real fast now with Hulas in control

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back