Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Compass Airlines Bases/Delivery Schedule?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm still confused on why there's an ad. Aren't the 700 (or so) NWA furlougees supposed to have first crack at these jobs? Have they been offered the jobs?

I think the NWA furloughees got letters asking them to express whether or not they we're interested in Compass jobs. If they say "no" then that's the end of it. If they say "yes", then they wait 'til the job comes up, and can then say a final "yes," "no," or bypass for a limited time.

Last edited:
I think the NWA furloughees got letters asking them to express whether or not they we're interested in Compass jobs. If they say "no" then that's the end of it. If they say "yes", then they wait 'til the job comes up, and can then say a final "yes," "no," or bypass for a limited time.

Mostly correct. If they say no they are still eligible to flow down in seniorty order if furloughed from NWA in the future.

Also the 10 ex-indy pilots will be below any furloughed NWA pilots who takes the job. A pilot at Compass (off the street) does have the ability to protect thier relative seniority from bump downs by permanently forfeiting future flow up rights to NWA within 45 days of employment.

Last edited:
Mostly correct. If they say no they are still eligible to flow down in senioirty order if furloughed from NWA in the future.

Also the 10 ex-indy pilots will be below any furloughed NWA pilots who takes the job. A pilot at Compass (off the street) does have the ability to protect thier relative seniority from bump downs by permanently forfeiting future flow up rights to NWA within 45 days of employment.

What's your Source?

What's your Source?

Correction: 45 days from an employment offer at NWA

The protected status option is to allow a pilot who wants to make a career at Compass not be subject to bump downs from the flow and hiring of NWA furloughed pilots.

From the LOA 2006-14 (excerpt):

D. Protected Rights of Feeder Carrier Affiliate Pilots (Not furloughed NWA pilots working at Feeder Carrier Affiliate)

1. Not later than forty-five (45) days after their notification of an employment opportunity at NWA (see H. below), FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots may elect "protected rights status" and permanently forfeit the NWA employment [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]opportunity provided by this letter by submitting a written notice. FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots who elect cprotected rights status will not be subject to flow down by NWA pilots, i.e., cannot be bumped by NWA pilots. Any FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE who elects protected rights status is required to forfeit his recall rights he may hold at other airlines. hing Rules - Appe 1
[/FONT]2. The ratio of seniority positions preserved for NWA pilots on the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE seniority list as compared to the number of "protected rights status" positions shall be determined through the process for concluding the first FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE CBA and shall be incorporated into this NWA-ALPA Flow Through Agreement. This ratio shall not thereafter be reduced.

3. Protected rights FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots shall be senior at the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE to any pilot flowing down from
NWA subsequent to their employment at the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE.

Last edited:
Correction: 45 days from a employment offer at NWA

The protected status option is to allow a pilot who wants to make a career at Compass not be subject to bump downs from the flow and hiring of NWA furloughed pilots.

From the LOA 2006-14 (excerpt):

D. Protected Rights of Feeder Carrier Affiliate Pilots (Not furloughed NWA pilots working at Feeder Carrier Affiliate)

1. Not later than forty-five (45) days after their notification of an employment opportunity at NWA (see H. below), FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots may elect "protected rights status" and permanently forfeit the NWA employment [FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]opportunity provided by this letter by submitting a written notice. FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots who elect cprotected rights status will not be subject to flow down by NWA pilots, i.e., cannot be bumped by NWA pilots. Any FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE who elects protected rights status is required to forfeit his recall rights he may hold at other airlines. hing Rules - Appe 1
[/FONT]2. The ratio of seniority positions preserved for NWA pilots on the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE seniority list as compared to the number of "protected rights status" positions shall be determined through the process for concluding the first FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE CBA and shall be incorporated into this NWA-ALPA Flow Through Agreement. This ratio shall not thereafter be reduced.

3. Protected rights FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE pilots shall be senior at the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE to any pilot flowing down from
NWA subsequent to their employment at the FEEDER CARRIER AFFILIATE.

Thank you!

http://www.compassairline.com/gui/html/write_up_pilot.html

Good luck finding people with 2500/1500 for an FO.

They have already changed it on the website to 1500/1000. That didnt take very long. Why does it seem like the pilot page was written by a 12 year old (no offense to the 12 year olds out there)? My favorite is location Eagan, Eagan has nothing to do with it first cause the headquaters is in VA and second as pilots wouldn't base or domicile MSP be better. If you really want the city then put bloomington being that is where the airport is.

Last edited:
From what I hear for an ERJ 170 it is normally atleast 3000 for insurance. Some correct me if that doesnt sound right.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back