Compass air lines

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks lowly,

I don't want to commute but until the rumors of which base will be where settle down I am hesitant to sell the house yet. (if I can) It looks like my timeing isn't too bad starting on the 17th I should be off reserve in what ever base I get, in fairly short order.

No problem. Good luck. Personally, I wouldn't move for this or any other airline job. Delta giveth, and Delta can taketh away. Welcome and I look forward to seeing you on the line.

The point is if everyone would stop accepting these payscales it would change. Get on your high horse and make a change. You guys can come back with what ever you want but, when you have to sign a 12k a year contract for a 18 k a year job it is time to do something else.

You are barking up the wrong tree here buddy. Nobody likes the pay, but refusing to take the job doesn't work either. Unless there is an organized, group effort, a few of us refusing the job still means thousands are ready to take it. It is sort of like three pilots at Delta going on strike, there will simply be no effect. Until somebody formally organizes a national pilot movement to boycott low paying entry level jobs, the situation will not change. Since you seem to be so passionate about the cause, why don't you start one. Otherwise stay out of everyone elses business.

Here is another thing to consider while you are being holier than thou - currency is everything in this industry. I have been furloughed three times in my career, and the longer you are on furlough, the harder it gets to find a job. I held out for a good paying opportunity for eight months. I got the opportunity to interview two weeks ago for a well paying overseas company. Guess what, in the interview they had real issues with my lack of currency and I did not get the job. Several other companies have stated that my lack of currency means I do not meet the requirements - Emirates, Etihad, ANA, Air Astana, Vietnam Airlines, just to name a few. I am also nearing 40 and the country has over 10% unemployment, so my opportunities for decent paying jobs in other fields are slim to none. Lastly the airline I am furloughed from will not be recalling in the forseeable future, if ever.

So if I want another shot at a good opportunity, I need to get flying again. If I can get another type rating out of it, even better. And on paper at least, I not only got hired by Compass, I just got hired by Delta as well, which happens to be a legacy carrier and the largest airline in the world. I will take it and be pretty happy as well. Can't wait to start.

You are barking up the wrong tree here buddy. Nobody likes the pay, but refusing to take the job doesn't work either. Unless there is an organized, group effort, a few of us refusing the job still means thousands are ready to take it. It is sort of like three pilots at Delta going on strike, there will simply be no effect. Until somebody formally organizes a national pilot movement to boycott low paying entry level jobs, the situation will not change. Since you seem to be so passionate about the cause, why don't you start one. Otherwise stay out of everyone elses business.

Here is another thing to consider while you are being holier than thou - currency is everything in this industry. I have been furloughed three times in my career, and the longer you are on furlough, the harder it gets to find a job. I held out for a good paying opportunity for eight months. I got the opportunity to interview two weeks ago for a well paying overseas company. Guess what, in the interview they had real issues with my lack of currency and I did not get the job. Several other companies have stated that my lack of currency means I do not meet the requirements - Emirates, Etihad, ANA, Air Astana, Vietnam Airlines, just to name a few. I am also nearing 40 and the country has over 10% unemployment, so my opportunities for decent paying jobs in other fields are slim to none. Lastly the airline I am furloughed from will not be recalling in the forseeable future, if ever.

So if I want another shot at a good opportunity, I need to get flying again. If I can get another type rating out of it, even better. And on paper at least, I not only got hired by Compass, I just got hired by Delta as well, which happens to be a legacy carrier and the largest airline in the world. I will take it and be pretty happy as well. Can't wait to start.

If you are happy with that wage I guess that is all that matters. Good luck to you.

Go ahead and fly for free, at least the government is going to make you be at least somewhat qualified from now on, so maybe we're safe in the back when we have to schmuck it on the airlines (once a year for recurrent). Ciao.

Go ahead and fly for free, at least the government is going to make you be at least somewhat qualified from now on, so maybe we're safe in the back when we have to schmuck it on the airlines (once a year for recurrent). Ciao.
Zing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel inferior to you now!!!

Latest resources

Back