Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

meatwallet

certified muff diver
I have heard to expect 9 frames by the end of 2007. Second aircraft was delivered today, with one more in Aug (I think).

What's the schedule after that?

I've heard 9 A/C by DEC 07. 36 A/C by DEC 08.

In JAN06, Bill Lange (Compass VP) told me 11 A/C by DEC 07, which at that time was a reduction of 1 A/C.

So, the trend has been less A/C by DEC07. However, 29 A/C deliveries is entirely doable in 12 months assuming they can staff the airline.

I think NW will ultimately IPO Compass, Mesaba or both because NW has a large order/option book on the valuable 76 seat market. I think Compass IPO will happen first, but am not sure about their long term plans for Mesaba.

I know of 2 views on XJ.

1. NW had to buy Mesaba to keep the Saabs flying.

2. NW intentionally screwed XJ so they could ultimately buy XJ for the cheap.

Are they still hiring street captains or mostly FO's now?

when was the last time XJ was hiring street captains? 1997? Its only Fo's and its pretty steady from what I am seeing, not as fast as back in the day......not my quote....(late 90's) I hear then they had 40 pilots per class, now its a lot less. But think of this, someone mentioned NWA options....

from what I remember, NWA had options from Bombardiere and EMB, each around or over 100 A/C. think of this, NWA pilot scope is 90, 76 seat A/C then they have to go one for one on narrow body at mainline.

with 72 on the way, that leaves 18 to get to 90. Then what? They could order a bunch of Q400's on the Bombardiere options, but the options for EMB could mean 190's. If you think of ecomomics, NWA would go with the best bang for the buck. If you look at availability.........It would definately be CRJ's.........for XJ.....or who ever...9E.....or you make a guess

Is Compass hiring for the left seat?

Interviewed last week. Still only looking mostly at guys with over 3500 hours.
9 aircraft by DEC.
3 in Jan, 2 Feb, 3 March, 2 after that till 3 in the last 2 months of 08.

Compass is still hiring captain types. AKA they told me if hired I would look at a class in late Sept. finishing in late Nov. Fly as FO for 2-3 months then switch over as A/C deliveries catch up.

From what I gathered all will be typed in initial.

THey told me I would hear something in 1 - 1 1/2 weeks. I know the time has varied from 1 week to a month for some.

Last edited:
I think NW will ultimately IPO Compass, Mesaba or both because NW has a large order/option book on the valuable 76 seat market. I think Compass IPO will happen first, but am not sure about their long term plans for Mesaba.

I am a dumb pilot what do you mean by IPO???

Latest resources

Back