Comparison between Fractionals

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Frac,

Of those choices (K200, B400, CE525 and CE550), which would be the preferred from a schedule, variety and QOL perspective if you somehow had a choice of all 4 to start? Are the CE550 and K200 EFIS equipped? What about FMS in the K200?

Thanks

Last edited:
Pay

The starting pay at Options is 34k in small cabin. The first year pay in the mid-size cabin is 35,100. Not likely that you would start in mid-size cabin now. After they did last year holy he!! was raised.

Choice.

On the small cabin size, the preferred airplane would probably depend on whether you like to fly alot or not. The only real difference in QOL that I've heard of. The Beechjet flies the most since it can cover any of the other smaller cabins, the King Air the least since it can only cover trips in it's own fleet. The Citations are somewhere in between. From what I have heard talking to some king air guys on the road, they do tend to sit around a lot which can get old after a while (and more expensive buying your meals instead of getting catered).

With the beechjet being the largest fleet by far, odds are best that that's where most new hires will end up.

On Your Six said:
Frac,

Of those choices (K200, B400, CE525 and CE550), which would be the preferred from a schedule, variety and QOL perspective if you somehow had a choice of all 4 to start?

As somebody else stated, it depends on whether you want to fly a lot, or sit more than fly. Beechjets fly the most out those you listed. That is the largest fleet in the company. They can cover trips for all the other aircraft listed. The CE550 can only do Pre Owned 400(not new 400XP), 550, 525, and 200 trips. The 525 can only do 525 and 200 trips(though I, personally, don't consider the 525 an upgrade for most 200 owners since it is much smaller and carries 3 less people and much less in baggage). The 200 can only do 200 trips. The 200 guys sit a fair amount. The 525 guys are referred to as "The Citation Vacation", though they seem pretty busy lately.

Are the CE550 and K200 EFIS equipped? What about FMS in the K200?

Sorry, I can't help you there....I have never flown either. Maybe somebody that has flown one or both will read this and answer your question.

Randall's question

At NJA my family's health insurance is fully paid by the company. I am on the Aetna plan and it has been great for my family. They also pay for your dental insurance which covers the basic stuff pretty good, but gets a little limiting on big things like braces and such. There is a maximum benefit on stuff like that around $1500 or so.

Each fractional has their good points and bad points. The big question is if your going to be happy doing this type of flying. It's not for everyone. You need to ask yourself if this is the type of flying you can do with all the changes and extra work.

Each company every pilot goes far above and beyond being a pilot. Actually being a pilot and sitting there is the easy part. It's all the other stuff that weighs heavily on your mind. That's the stuff that takes some getting used to.

Flightoptions and NJA is like compairing American to Delta. Every couple of years one is up and one is down. Does it really matter?

You can't go wrong with either one.

Each fractional has their good points and bad points. The big question is if your going to be happy doing this type of flying. It's not for everyone. You need to ask yourself if this is the type of flying you can do with all the changes and extra work.

So very true. :cool:

Diesel said:

Flightoptions and NJA is like compairing American to Delta. Every couple of years one is up and one is down. Does it really matter?

You can't go wrong with either one.

And you might just be better off at CitationShares than at either one, IMO.

Latest resources

Back