Company Check Airman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

microbus

Do any of you 135 guys know if you can still act as a Company Check Airman after you leave a 135 company and begin work for a new company.

I resigned my positon with a Part 135 Charter company as a Captain and Check Airman and have started a new job, but my old company asked if I could do some check-rides for them while I am still current in the airplane. Does your check airman letter become invalid once you resign as a company employee.

Thanks in advance.

No letter is only valid for the company you work for and you will have to be approved by the POI of the new air carrier where you are working. Now being a previous ck airman may make it easier for your application to get approved.

My question was poorly worded.

My old company (which I no longer work for) asked me to do some check-rides for them severeral weeks after I resigned. I thought that because I had left my position with them, that my check airman letter would no longer be valid.

Not sure if that is the case or if the FAA would sanction that as long I was still current in the airplane.

135 is pretty loose, if you were a contractor or a part time pilot and the old company did not send your letter back to the FAA, you most likely still give ck rides. This assumes all other ck airman requirements were current. i.e PC, LC, landings, and FAA 24 mo obs

I've done what you are describing and didn't have any issues. I'm not sure how offical my resignation was but I was still on the books as a Check Airman when I left and was just working as a day rate employee.

Yes. I no longer "work for" the 135 I check for (moved out of aviation), but I still have the letter and am still their check airman. The FAA knows that I don't fly revenue and am essentially a contractor but they don't seem to care.

Latest resources

Back