• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commuting Question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends...........You on probation? Could make a big difference. Well before XJ had a commuter policy, this question came up to a well respected chief pilot during the interview process. His answer was short and sweet. "I don't care where you live. You don't get to work on time...........now I care." We're all professionals (or should be) just make sure you get to work or you're just screwing another pilot who's going to have to scramble or change their plans to make up for your lack of planning.

Call scheduling and have them put a note in your file with the flight you are commuting in on (City pairing, flight #). That way if you pop up on their computer screen for not dutying in, they have an idea of where you are.

Tell them you will call when you arrive in ATL. If you miss your sign in time, get a D-0 on the flight and you probably won't hear from anybody (unless you have a track record maybe).

It's worked for me before, and I'm about as big a ******************** up as they come around here.:nuts:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back