Commuting Question.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AceyFO

What is the closest you have pushed your duty in time? I have an early one next week that is prety close.

7:39 Arrival

7:40 Show

What is the closest you have pushed your duty in time? I have an early one next week that is prety close.

1205 show. 12:10 arrival. Thank goodness for long, slow final approaches that let the cellphone work for checking in. :laugh:

I take a flight early enough to allow a backup flight (usually 1-3 hours later)

I usually try to leave a 30 minute buffer on the backup flight.

If I get bumped or delayed on departure, I have time to call in sick.

If I get on the flight, the 30 minutes allows for ramp or ATC delays.

It all depends on how much stress you like in your life.

our scheduling dept is pretty nice, good people and if you're responsible about it, will let a min or two slide. For instance; tomorrow I have an 8:47am duty in, the EARLIEST flight I can take to get to work gets me in at 8:42am. SO I will call scheduling before I get on the commuter flight to let them know I have a seat and will be cutting it close (I'll tell them which flight I'm on, that I do have a seat and also ask what gate I need to get to upon arriving at my base airport)

Then when I get to my base airport I'll call em again to let them know I'm there and running for my flight. Sometimes they ask me to call again when I'm actually on the plane I'm supposed to fly, other times they'll check me in right then in there. Either way, they're flexible people that I keep informed and make sure that everything is reasonable and won't delay the flight.

They wont let you duty in by phone until 7 after your duty in so be careful. Yes I know there are others that have different stories but it is a diceroll everytime scheduling answers. My personal best is 0850 arrival on B with a 0910 duty in on D with a stop at ABC.

I used to crashpad with a guy who was on reserve and stayed at home in AZ one day sfter his golden days were up. Balls of steel.

I used to crashpad with a guy who was on reserve and stayed at home in AZ one day sfter his golden days were up. Balls of steel.
Whats a golden day?

Checking in by seatback airphone right at showtime while still over Lake Erie on the Cetus2 arrival into DTW!

Latest resources

Back