• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DorkProp

Dork No More!
Hi all,

Moving to Dallas soon and will commute to CLT. What are my parking options? Any other tips for commuting out of DFW appreciated.

Thanks,

DP

Perhaps this is a starting point.

I commute 2x a month to the DC area. Just remember to write down where you park. It is a mother to return after a trip and forget where your hooptie is sitting.

http://www.dfwairport.com/parking/recommended.htm

Super Shuttle is also dependable and there is a Park N Fly on 635 north of the airport.

If you commute on AA, be prepared to depart and arrive out of different terminals. In fact, as a consumer, that is why I am switching more of my flights to AirTran. At the end of a long week, I don't want to shuttle between terminals to get the truck. AirTran flies in and out of 3 gates in one terminal.

Check with your airline station mgr (or the parent airline if yours doesn't operate there) about purchasing an employee parking permit.

Swaayze said:
Check with your airline station mgr (or the parent airline if yours doesn't operate there) about purchasing an employee parking permit.
I've heard that this might be possible, but have yet to hear from anyone associated with an airline that doesn't fly into DFW, who has actually talked a DFW operating airline station manager into helping them get employee parking. I know of a few who scam the parking, but I don't have big enough cajones to try and get away with it.

does anyone have first hand knowledge of an "offline" parker, who was able to get employee parking at DFW?

regards,
enigma

No, but if you fly for a code share it might work (ie if you're USAirways Express check with the USAirways manager). I was successful with this tatic quite some time ago (way before 9-11 fwiw).

I have a dozen expired tags I'll give ya. they never look at them anyway.

Latest resources

Back