Commuting at southwest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DougCorp-9

So how do all you southwest commuters operate? Do you just get hotels? Are there hotels that give you guys good deals? Do any of you just have crash pads? What are the options around MDW, BWI, MCO? Thanks.

It depends, some people like crash pads, which are available in just about every domicile. Others like hotels, which we get good crew rates on. Crash pads are about 150-250 a month while hotels range from 45-75 a night, depending on which city. I'm a commuter and choose to get a hotel if my trip is not commutable, happens about 50-60% of the time each month. BTW in every lounge there is info on both hotels and crash pads, or you can always ask around. Hope this helped, good luck.

When you enter class in Dallas you'll run across hundreds of us doing recurrent, newhire or captain upgrade. We'll be from all bases and be happy to help you find the information you're looking for.

Gup

When you enter class in Dallas you'll run across hundreds of us doing recurrent, newhire or captain upgrade. We'll be from all bases and be happy to help you find the information you're looking for.

Gup

Is there really new hire training going on? I know they interviewed a while back, but I didn't know there were people in the training pipeline.

Is there really new hire training going on? I know they interviewed a while back, but I didn't know there were people in the training pipeline.

Do you guys do all recurrent training in dallas or just the sims? In other words, do you have recurrent ground in your domicile?

Part of it is an online course on your own time. The rest is all in Dallas.

In MDW, lots of crash pads, in BWI, probably half and half, in MCO, a couple of crash pads, most in MCO hotel it for now! (as long as hotels are cheap, they started back up because the rumors of the economy getting "better" but they'll figure out that's not the case)! Also in MCO, we use Priceline...or get similar rates direct with hotels.
KBB

I'm doing the hotel thing in Chicago sitting CA reserve. Only once have I had to buy an extra night in the hotel because they didn't use me. In October I got displaced to BWI so the company will pay for my hotel room for two nights of my reserve block if they don't use me. They'll pay up to $75 a night.

Latest resources

Back