Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never minded "commuter."

But puddlejumper -- now that bothered the hell out of me.

Canned by AT

joe_pilot said:
Hey, anybody heard the new Budweiser commercial "Mr Commuter Pilot, we salute you!" ?

It's a pretty funny commercial. I heard some guys at Airtran got all pissed about it and they complained to Bud and had it pulled.
"Those who can't laugh at themselves are often very amusing to others."

-Blucher

ReportCanoa said:
I knew there was a reason to hire female pilots. Haven't flown with any though.

I don't think you can play those games in the 1900. No door on that commuter's cockpit.

-Blucher

I just edited my custom user tag -- see? Right there, above the hot 60s stewardi.

I don't care much what I'm called or what I fly. I do care deeply about what I'm paid and how that 401K match is looking though! (I've given up the ghost on expecting a pension in my future)

Why all the flap? I understand a condescending tone on the radio started all this.

The term "Regional" is used by FAA to denote a small geographic area, i.e. the Great Lakes Region. Whether you work for SkyWest, Comair, ASA, PSA... or one of many other fine airlines, you probably don't fly in only one region. If you do, you probably won't admit it.

By contrast, the term "Commuter" conjurs an inspiring vision of a worldly traveler who covers great distances in the course of doing business; a road warrior. I for one, do not want to be called simply a "regional" when instead, I can be hailed as a hardened veteran of the sky; I'm a Commuter!!

So, does a feeder airplane with an FMS make it a "Computer Commuter"? And if a moderator gets a little too testy . . . is it really a case of "Commuter Cooter"?

Inquiring Minds want to know.

With all the hard work and suffering we put into obtaining our first regional airline job, I strongly resent the term commuter pilot. Certainly we've worked hard enough to obtain a higher status than that. Instead I think we should be called...

Oh wait.. ...hold on a sec. I got somebody in the drive-thru. I'll get back to this thread later.

Latest resources

Back