Commuters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

800Dog

How many of you commuter guys want to fly larger aircraft at your current place of employment? How many of you commuter guys just want to move on to bigger equipment and better work rules with a non-commuter airline? How many of you commuter guys are willing to make a career at the commuters? How many of you commuter guys feel your career progression as a commuter pilot is where you thought it would be? What do the commuter pilots feel needs to be done to improve the profession of commuter pilots and non-commuter pilots as a whole? Do any commuter guys have a problem being referred to as a commuter pilot? Thanks to any and all commuter pilots who respond.

A former commuter pilot

I never flew for a commuter...but some of my best friends flew for commuters. It seems that being a commuter pilot is a valid "pipeline" to a "legacy" carrier.

By the way, I resent anybody who doesn't fly for a "legacy" carrier referring to them as "legacy" carriers. I think it's a dismissive term with a subtle connotation that they are "has been" operators.

800Dog said:
How many of you commuter guys want to fly larger aircraft at your current place of employment? How many of you commuter guys just want to move on to bigger equipment and better work rules with a non-commuter airline? How many of you commuter guys are willing to make a career at the commuters? How many of you commuter guys feel your career progression as a commuter pilot is where you thought it would be? What do the commuter pilots feel needs to be done to improve the profession of commuter pilots and non-commuter pilots as a whole? Do any commuter guys have a problem being referred to as a commuter pilot? Thanks to any and all commuter pilots who respond.

A former commuter pilot

I'm a commuter pilot... I live in one city, and fly out of another. Ohhhh, you mean regional airline pilot. Got it.

Commuter

800Dog said:

A former commuter pilot

I prefer to be called 'feed'. I am not offended when someone refers to me as a commuter pilot. I'll happily feed 'mainline' in my puddle-jumper in whatever market they see fit to use me.

cheers

Totally Uncalled For!

I am a Regional Pilot, I've worked very hard to earn my wings, I flew in two combat tours and....
Nope....sorry, can't actually do that with a straight face.
I am a commuter pilot and I couldn't care less what you call me. I fly a "Barbie-jet" for a company that does contract flying for one of the carriers that I'd rather work at. Will I ever get out of this quagmire that is the RJ nightmare? No idea, but I sure hope so. I do know that my escape, much like thousands of other BJ pilots, gets less and less likely with each new BJ they put out there. I wish (like many) we could go back in time and see the mistake of putting any jet flying at the commuters and fix it. Didn't happen, oh well, move on. And for all you uptight commuter pilots out there, what's that all about? You know you're already treated like crap by your company, why you gotta bring all that hate around with you everywhere you go? If you think some mainline guy's looking down on you, slow down and think about it. Why does a person put down or look down upon a total stranger? The only reason I've ever seen is because there is something seriously wrong in their own life. Of the hundreds of mainline pilots I've had the pleasure of meeting, only one was a true prick. However, I don't know his whole story...perhaps his latest wife just left him, perhaps his shorts are too tight. Who knows, and frankly who cares. People will react to you as you present yourself. Are you sure you're not just waiting for that mainline guy to not tip his head to you on the escalator. And so what if you do and he doesn't? Do you really think anyone saw that and now think less of you as a pilot? As a man? Any chance that insecurity is all coming from the inside? Just smile and move on and stop taking all this crap so seriously.
Of course, that's all just my opinion, and what do I know? I'm just a BarbieJet driver who misses being known as "PropTrash."

-Blucher :beer:

Hey, anybody heard the new Budweiser commercial "Mr Commuter Pilot, we salute you!" ?

800Dog said:

A former commuter pilot

I prefer the term "commuter american"

800Dog said:

A former commuter pilot

General Lee rides again....

Blucher said:
I do know that my escape, much like thousands of other BJ pilots, gets less and less likely with each new BJ they put out there.
-Blucher :beer:

I knew there was a reason to hire female pilots. Haven't flown with any though.

Latest resources

Back