• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commuter hotels in CVG

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know when I was based there back in 2002 I stayed at a Holiday Inn that charged $30 out the door. There's a Ramada in that price range, too. A far cry from $89 in IAD.

Don't have any specific hotel names, though.

I believe I saw a Days Inn listed for $30 or $35 in the crew room. I will try to remember the next time I am there (Monday).

Try Comfort Inn, 843-813-5796, they used have about $40 rate with one night free every 7 if I remember right. It's been a couple of years since I needed to stay in CVG.

Baymont Inn is 37 out the door.. 859-746-0300. Free breakfast and shuttles from 5am till midnight. Free Wifi and clean rooms.. Days Inn is a little dirty.

DairyAir said:
Just trying to find out any cheap hotels around CVG that offer a crew rate.

Thanks DA

When I commuted to CVG over the summer I used three different hotels.

Baymont 859-746-0300
Holiday Inn Florence 859-371-2700
Microtel 859-746-8100

All charge between 34-39 dollars a night.

Baymont:
Close to the airport, good if you commute in late and have an early check-in. Free breakfast, clean, new hotel. Not much around, Holiday Inn next door but it's expensive, you get a crew discount at the restaurant. There is also a Subway across the street.

HI Florence:
A little bit of a drive but the van will pick you up and take you at any requested time. Plenty to eat around the hotel. They will take you to a gym (very nice) with a mall across the street and pick you up. There is a public library not far with internet access. It's an older HI so it's two levels, no elevator, rooms a little dated. Pool out back. Friendly staff and most time you can get a 4 pm checkout the next day at no additional charge.

Microtel:
Relatively clean but very small rooms, hence the name. Free highspeed in the room for your laptop as well as a business center in the hotel. Free gym next door with a golf course and driving range, pretty sure the golf is free if you are a hotel guest. The mall is about a 10 minute walk out back as well a movie theatre, Barnes & Noble, ect. The only down side is the van only runs to the airport on the hour, if you have a 6:05 am check-in, it sucks. You can also ask and usually get a 4 pm checkout here the next day as well.

Hope it helps

Dojetdriver: Do you remember the names of the gyms next to HI or Microtel? I'm going to start commuting next month and thought I'd join the same brand of gym back home that is near those hotels. Thanks!

CMRaviator said:
Dojetdriver: Do you remember the names of the gyms next to HI or Microtel? I'm going to start commuting next month and thought I'd join the same brand of gym back home that is near those hotels. Thanks!

The one close to the HI is called Fitness Works. It has all the things you would expect to see at a chain type gym. I believe they give an airline discount for around 30-40 dollars a month but don't quote me on that. I don't know who you work for or if it's for Delta/Comair people only. If you stay at the HI it's free to use, just show the key (at least all throught the sumnmer it was).

Next ot the Microtel is called world of fitness or world of sport, sorry I can't be sure. It's free as well if you are staying at the Microtel. It also has racquetball. The weight room is a little cramped and slighty "blue collar", but it works just fine.

Enjoy Cincitucky

stay the HELL away from Holiday Inn Florence! We got the company to change to a Hampton inn. The HI had ants and pubes, etc. in it and was SOOOOOOOOOOO VERY VERY SCUZZY! Go anywhere but there.....

Latest resources

Back