• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commuter clauses

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most of our regional CP's are super-cool, you could probably call them and it would be a non-issue. But there's no real reason to test that theory...just call in sick.

If someday they want to maximize their pilot resources then they can establish a formal policy and then they won't lose me for the whole trip.

Thats great if it were true! A friend of mine had 5 flights to get him from MSP to ORD by his check in time of 9:10am and was bumped off every single one of them. He called to notify scheduling and they delayed the flight until he got there and rightfully put the delay code on him. However, he later got a call from the Chief pilot and a letter put in his box. Don't say the RCP is always cool about it, it seems like they are only cool about it if there is a reserve to cover it, otherwise they go headhunting!:rolleyes:

The only true substitute is getting off your lazy asses and calling up uhaul.

Ahhhhhhh yes. That must be coming from some jacka$$ that doesn't have a working spouse and didn't have three domiciles close in 24 months. It sure must be easy to sell a house and move the entire family every 8 months.

At Comair you just have to try 2 flights before on any carrier. You can use it as much as you want and there are no requirements for open seats or anything.

Dave

To elaborate for comparison...

RAH policy is:

2 times every rolling six months.

Must be listed for two flights with at least one seat available 48 hours prior to show.

These flights only need to get you to base Prior To Showtime. (Not a half hour prior or anything like that.)

You may be asked to provide documentation (boarding/standby pass) for a non-codeshare flight (that they can't look up.) I have never been asked to provide proof.

Just call in sick, it's much easier.

I agree, at comair its non issue, yes you have to tell the chief pilot your sick but if your afraid too say that to someone then your a p$ssy, just call in sick at 3am(they usually don't answer scheduling). It seems they get mad around 24 sick calls in 6 months thats hard to reach.

Last edited:
RAH will apply the commuter clause to adverse road conditions.

I live in base. I called in for icy roads last winter, telling scheduling I was sorry, but the roads are too dangerous and if I try I might end up in a ditch, in the hospital or in the morgue so I'm not trying. "No problem," they said. "Get there when you can and call us. We'll put it down as 'commute.'"

Last edited:
I agree, at comair its non issue, yes you have to tell the chief pilot your sick but if your afraid too say that to someone then your a p$ssy, just call in sick at 3am(they usually don't answer scheduling).

??? Let me get this straight: if you're honest, and tell your CP you missed your flight or invoke the commuter clause, then you're a "p$ssy." But if you LIE, call in sick, and leave a message at 3 am when you know they won't pick up then it's ok???? It might work, but it sounds like THAT'S the p$ssy way out.

??? Let me get this straight: if you're honest, and tell your CP you missed your flight or invoke the commuter clause, then you're a "p$ssy." But if you LIE, call in sick, and leave a message at 3 am when you know they won't pick up then it's ok???? It might work, but it sounds like THAT'S the p$ssy way out.

You will talk to someone at 3 am, and no I could care less who I talk to just giving P3ssys a way out. You sound like one.

Hey Samballs,

Takes one to know one! Anyone who encourages lieing and then tries to call scheduling when no one answers IS one.

(check your original post, moron: "just call in sick at 3am(they usually don't answer scheduling)")

That's a p**** move if every there was one. Be a man if you're think you're one, which you're not.

And oh, BTW, learn how to spell. You only had 9 misspellings in your original post, or only about every other word!

Latest resources

Back