Commute from DFW to New York Airports

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Skip

What is it like commuting to New York airports from DFW?

It seems like there are several flights daily an AA and DAL, but I want to know how difficult it is and if there are many commuters.

Thanks.

Delta has lots and lots of commuters due to their closing of the 757/767 and 737-300 bases at DFW (leaving only the MD88/90). Those guys were very senior and now a lot commute to JFK to fly INTL 767ER. I believe there will be one (?) CR7 nonstop from DFW -JFK in March, with additional flights by June for the Summer INTL flight connections. I think most of our guys go nonstop to LGA on the first flight out in the morning, and then cab it or bus it to JFK. It might be tough on Delta, but if there is a seat in the back--they should allow you to jump.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General Lee said:
Delta has lots and lots of commuters due to their closing of the 757/767 and 737-300 bases at DFW (leaving only the MD88/90). Those guys were very senior and now a lot commute to JFK to fly INTL 767ER. I believe there will be one (?) CR7 nonstop from DFW -JFK in March, with additional flights by June for the Summer INTL flight connections. I think most of our guys go nonstop to LGA on the first flight out in the morning, and then cab it or bus it to JFK. It might be tough on Delta, but if there is a seat in the back--they should allow you to jump.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

YGBFSM! CR7 DFW-JFK? That's close to a 4 hour flight.

Anyway, AA has 23 flights a day DFW-NYC (LGA, JFK, EWR)...mainline for now.

AA Just replaced all 757 to LGA with 737. More than 200 seats a day are gone. Yes there are quite a few commuters. Sometimes the flights are 1/2 full. I have also not been able to get home for 3 days before. Commuting sux but what can you do.

DON'T DO IT. I have flown the flights from DFW to both JFK and LGA, and the flights were always full on Delta. The cockpit jumpseat is almost always taken and IF there are any seats in back, there are a LOAD of Flight Attendants non-revving. But, it has been about a year since I've been on those legs.

80drvr,

Yes, we will fly the CR7 on the DFW--JFK route, but we also have 3 daily MD88s from DFW-LGA. The early flight is the one used by the commuters to JFK 767ER INTL Flights.(via a cab or bus from LGA) They might add another MD88 from DFW-jfk in the Summer for the increase in INTL flights though.

Bye Bye--General Lee;)

Skip said:
80drvr,

Is it difficult to commute on AA from DFW... full flights...lots of commuters?

To be honest, I've been recalled to active duty for almost a year so the others on the board can provide better info on the current degree of difficulty commuting on this route.

Latest resources

Back