Commutair.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
D+$ said:
Up in the PLB, times were what you made of them, I lived in one of the dorms at university of plb. I didnt have very many boring weekends. And in alb, the rampers were kick ass and use to come to all the parties we threw. Dude-even the alb chief pilot came to one of the parties one weekend!

I had a lot of PLB overnights... Because I lived there for about 15mos. I and my CA bros had a lot of fun, never understood why PLB had such a bad rep. Those of us who lived there more or less full-time were never really at a loss to find something to do. I doubt it's still the same way since the base is supposedly pretty senior now and there aren't as many of the younger folks around there, but "back in the day" we had a blast.

Still the most fun flying I ever had... I don't regret a minute of the time I spent flying the Mighty D. Things aren't the same there now as they were when I was last there, it would appear, but pre-summer '01 it was a great place to be, IMHO.

COMMUTAIR..........

You hate it so much but use the company name as your handle??

You've been here for 4.5 years and all you have is 2600hrs??? No wonder you're stuck with that flight time and great attitude. This job and company is what you make of it. Nobody is forcing you to stay.

I.P.- How's the "bus" treating you?

I worked there for about a year. It was a great place to get some experience, the airplane was a blast, the people were fun. Its all in what you make it. I didn't want to stay there, so I got my time and got out. But it was a good place to go.

SuperPilot said:
I worked there for about a year. It was a great place to get some experience, the airplane was a blast, the people were fun. Its all in what you make it. I didn't want to stay there, so I got my time and got out. But it was a good place to go.

I worked there for 9 years, been gone for 7. It was great while I was there, seems like a different company now.

Just curious how many planes do they have now? what's the route system like? It seems like they all but pulled out of Albany!

A lot worst places too be! Commutair is a good moms and pops airline! You go there, get your time and move on. I left there 5 years ago to fly for Piedmont and be closer too home. I can honestly say that I met and partied with some of the best people in the industry! I have strong bonds to this day with those guys I flew with back in the day!
Man, The days of boarding the airplane during the warmer days.... Nice ladies with sundress's on! Your captain lookin at u and smiling as he brings #2 engine into feather.... The wind rushing under the aircraft and blowing her dress over her head!!!!! (Really, we didn't do this... Just Kidding ;-) Those were the days!!!
Well nothing can beat the IAD Crash pad!! But those secrets stay with those involved!!!

Last edited:
I feel sorry for u guys at commutair, Looks like more bull$hit is coming your way! "Furlough to get more planes" give me a freakin break!!!! LIEs LIES LIES, when are u going to wise up and leave that place. I cannot believe that you people think your going to get bigger airplanes. the company is full of $hit. What's funny is the people that been there the longest are the ones who think it's going to happen! andthere the ones who have been continuly lied to and decived. I was there for a while, and it sucked then and sucks now. No retirement, and pay sucks, I would not recommend that company to my worst enemy. I swear to God. You people there need to leave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wheres my god damn ESOP MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That post was quite a way to pop your flightinfo cherry. A first post that includes two "s-words" and three "sucks"! And very well-written, too... Bravo!

Bluto said:
According to many reliable sources CommutAir was looking very closely at cabin-class aircraft. They were coming soon, they said, when I interviewed there...about 3 years ago.
And when I interviewed 10 months ago..

SuperPilot said:

So you are the one who has my sign on. Oh well i guess i can stay Superpilot92. Carry on

Latest resources

Back