CommutAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ArcherB

Just wondering if anyone knows if CommutAir is actually hiring now? I know the web site says they are but i have not heard of anyone being hired lately. Thanks in advance for any response.

Well....i'm not to sure if they are still interviewing, but we just had 6 new guys finish up training 2 weeks ago :)

Don't bother.

Commutair is run by a bunch of self-centered, elitist assholes. THe company exists for the comfort and convenience of management. (as evidenced by the fact that the company runs a corporate "shuttle from BTV to PLB twice daily, just for the gang. ANd the fact that the management raided the company's ESOP plan a couple of years ago. The company used to be UsAirways Express with 35 a/c two years ago. Now they have 15 planes and they are BARELY even CoEx anymore.

Ummm...

Yeah, they are so "barely CoEx" that they AREN'T, and NEVER WERE CoEx.

They are, however, Continental Connection (it's just as easy to get things right as it is to get things wrong, so next time you fire off an ill-tempered diatribe why not pay attention to details, tv?). From what I hear from people who are actually working there (which tvlawyer obviously doesn't, and angry as s/he appears to be, might have at one point but got furloughed), things are humming along just fine.

On the other side of the coin of "don't bother" is my input, which is "go for it" if you don't mind moving across the country. I DID work there, and although my position and my pay have benefitted from leaving, I do think it was one of the more fun places to work that I have experienced or have first-hand information about... And in the year-and-a-half that I worked there I NEVER had problems with management, and by golly, they had plenty of opportunities to mess with me as I LIVED IN PLB and they saw me every day. To get on the bad side of management at Commutair you have to be a Class-A buffoon or do something quite stupid for which you deserve to get a tongue-lashing.

My $.02.

So, I've applied twice and haven't heard from them yet. Anybody willing to recommend me to them? I believe I have enough experience, time and willingnes to do a great job there.:)

close-in outsiders view...

i dont work for them, but i work at the same place, talk to them every day. and hang out with their peeps. we use some facilities of theirs. but run freight instead of people. us freight dogs try not to mess up their carpets too badly. it's the easiest way to get pic turbine. people that fly there already know whose writing this by now i guess.
A) they're a bunch of great people. very plesant and fantastic to get along with. even the chief pilot is one of the friendliest people ive met. (he whistles alot hes so happy!) cant go wrong there. you'll have fun most of the time and definitly when youre not flying youll have a blast. you'll get the best flying experience possible in the northeast. and believe it or not. theyre really doing good financially <back on track and fendin to raise on up and make a profit if not already doing so>
2) yeah theyre hiring...but its not many people so its very very competitive. i saw them interview alot and they hired like 4 out of 30 or something like that. so if you get an interview....know your **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**!...and no pony-tails or mullets guys! im guessing tvlawyer didnt get hired after the interview....with an attitude like that who would hire him. he obviously dosent know the whole story about the MGT. that even me the outsider now knows. and s/he wont bother to find out.
C)everyone flying for them is in their 20's and early 30's....mostly....and everyones just about moved to the ALB hub. so when youre not workin. have abunch of BBQ's or go ride/ski mt.snow or Gore mtn. cant beat workin with good people and good times...even if the pay is kinda low...but youre in a 1900. what do you expect? CRJ pay?

After getting furloughed last year I never thought I'd post anything positive about Commutair, but here I am.

Unfortunately I can understand tvlawyers point of view because that was me when I worked at Commutair. I think I even might have fit the mold of the Class-A buffoon that I.P. spoke of. That being said, my opinion has changed and I can't really say anything bad about them now that I've left. Yes the pay isn't anything great, a 1900 isn't the most glamorous airplane, and I wasn't a fan of crew scheduling at times, but there is definitely something to be said for bidding your schedule day to day and not being subject to junior-manning. Almost everyone I flew with was cool, the 1900 was a kick to fly, and I had a lot of fun while I was there. Overall it was a good experience, I was just too busy whining to realize it. I mean, where else can you overnight in hot spots like Binghamton, NY and Presque Isle, Maine? :) Both the Chief Pilot and D.O. are good, fair people and if you do your job and are straight with them you'll have no problems at Commutair. It is what you make of it.

BTW, anyone know what's going on with the ESOP lawsuit?

Well, miracles CAN HAPPEN. Shamrock is not talking trash about ComuutAir!! I told you it wasnt that bad after all....good experience, and it got you that cool RJ job too i bet.

Oh yeah, the red sox suck:p

1900cpt

Commutair is an awesome company to work for.....I was furloughed and still say that...I went back witht them in Feb this year and spent 4 more months with them before moving on...Never flew with a bad captain, and had a lot of good times in Albany and Roc..oh yeah Plattsburgh too if ya like college bars and girls like me.... It definitely got me my CRJ job.. The HR guy even told me that..

commutair may not be a dream job, hell the pay and the work rules suck. Ill say this though, if you want some **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** good experience( no autopilot apprchs to mins in the nrthest) there is no better place. Vanda (do) and Henry(cp) are two of the nicest mgmt types you will ever meet. I worked there for 2 yrs and had a blast then airtran came along so i left.There will always be someone ripping on them, but dont be swayed. You wont find a place where you can develop stick and rudder skills like a company who flies 1900s orj32s. My 2 cents

Latest resources

Back