• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Commutair wait

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And a minor nit, but it's 76 hours per 4 weeks, not per month -- it works out to 82.5 per month. So that slightly offsets the dismal hourly rate. An 82.5-hour guarantee at $18 an hour is, dollar-for-dollar, equivalent to a 75-hour guarantee at $19.80 an hour. Still absurdly low, but not quite as bad as it looks because of the higher guarantee.

Second-year pay is where we're still embarassingly low, as the pay raise is a whopping $1 an hour, which barely keeps with inflation.

Going over guarantee without working extra days is all but impossible right now with the current schedules, FYI, and has been like that for quite a while.

That actually doesn't seem that bad compared to some other airlines. Just wondering how long it takes some people to get a call back after sending in the resume, what the current times are, and what the future pilot hiring looks like? Thanks

The Buffalo-Albany route has been strong, as it always has. I understand US Airways (Colgan, I think?) has dropped that city pair as a nonstop, so our loads have gotten even better. I think we do four roundtrips a day, and I believe they're all booked well above 60%. For us, that's really good.

As for the new stuff in Boston, I'm not sure to be honest. The stuff I did a few weeks ago was pretty empty, particular ALB-PWM, where we're competing against Comair's RJ, timed similarly, and Comair priced at about $75 less than us. Duh. :D

Any idea on length of time to get a call back after faxing and emailing in a resume, and the current times people are getting hired with?

northernflyer said:
Any idea on length of time to get a call back after faxing and emailing in a resume, and the current times people are getting hired with?

No one here can give you that info. Just be patient.

northernflyer said:

As others have said, that is a difficult question to answer (accurately). My understanding is that those being called either have internal recommendations or met someone at the Air Inc. conference.

Good luck,

QP

I had an interview, and got the job offer about a week ago. I have 1200 / 170. I just did the online application, it took about a month for a reply.

Latest resources

Back