Commutair wait

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

northernflyer

Anyone know how long it takes to get a call from commutair and what times they are looking for? When they are going to interview again? Any other info?

I've got a couple of friends there. Staffing is short and they are expecting to lose 5-10 guys in the next month. I'm sure you'll get a call. Hang in there.

Master Shake said:
I've got a couple of friends there. Staffing is short and they are expecting to lose 5-10 guys in the next month. I'm sure you'll get a call. Hang in there.

Anyone from the Dec 2003 class upgrade to captain yet?

Northern Flyer,

There is a rule that you are allowed to ignore anyone that has a name that looks like a vanity license plate and has any variation of the word aviator in it. So disregard fo fum's comments above. I actually got an offer recently with around 1220/135. I met them at air inc., they called a week and a half or so later adn I went up and interviewed another week later. They have a class june 12, then i dont know after that. They told me right on the spot, but it is not bad to have to wait b/c that is normal too...just depends on the timing i guess. I liked everyone I met, including the pilots. No training agreement, good experience, go for it. We have to start somewhere right?

Do they pay for your hotel room during training, do you get paid during training, and do they gaurantee you any amount of hours, and do you know what the starting pay is.

I had an interview with CommutAir yesterday with about 1300 tt and 120 multi. The other candidate I interviewed with had the minimums, 900 tt and about 130 multi. We both heard about 2.5 weeks after sending in our resumes and recieved job offers for the June 13 class date on the spot. They said they may continue interviews from that calss date into next week. PM me for more info.

northernflyer said:
Do they pay for your hotel room during training, do you get paid during training, and do they gaurantee you any amount of hours, and do you know what the starting pay is.

No, they don't directly pay for your hotel in training, however they do pay you per-diem that in the end pretty much covers any hotel costs if you split the room with a classmate.

Yes, you do get paid during training, you get your monthly gaurantee just like any other line pilot 76hrs/month.

Starting pay as well as pay in general is dismal, you start at 16/hour for the first 90 days, after that you go up to 18/hour.

Good luck with CommutAir, you'll fly with a great group of down to earth people, and despite the low pay the company is a pretty fun place to work. Lots of rumors of a "big announcement" lately, could be bigger airplanes, could be that we are all going to lose our jobs one never knows. If you come here with a good attitude, and knowing that you were hired to fly the Beech and not a jet you will do fine.

Latest resources

Back