Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
230 Hrs Total

Hi!

It took me about 50 hours to get my private. I then waited about 2 years, flew about 180 hours more, and got my commercial/instrument, with one written FAA test.

Does that seem odd to anyone?

See if U can figure it out!

I know some guys who already did!

Cliff
GB,WI

PS-I'm now trying to add a SEL to my commercial license. I could add an SEL to my ATP, but I think it'll go faster to add it to my commercial. (the PS was a clue!)

Military competency written

That's a trick question, my friend. It's not the least bit odd. The giveaway is your military aviation background in your profile.

You got your Private. Then you went to UPT. Then you went to FSDO with your flight records, took and passed the military competency written, and walked out with Commercial Airplane and Rotorcraft-Helicopter, Instrument, Multiengine, and Private Privileges-Airplane Single-Engine. Your four-hole Boeing experience got you out of having to take a centerline-thrust restriction on your multi.

Last edited:
Hi!

Darn!

U guys figured it out so fast! Good work!

Anyway, I hope to start flying skydivers in a couple of weeks, and then to get $ through the WIA program to pay for most of my flight instructor costs so I can start building some hours.

Good luck to ya'll!

Cliff
PS-It sounds like we're a little bit closer to getting some USAir RJs, which means I may actually get recalled before I run out of recall rights in 3.5 years!

Latest resources

Back