Coming to Netjets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hydrarkt said:
No Schit Sherlock... "starting to hopefully understand the pay situation???" Are you implying that nobody at NJA previously realized the pay situation?? Do you think we're stupid?

Newsflash Moron!!!! Everyone here has known about the "pay situation" for years. We can tell every 2 weeks when we look at our pay sheet.

Great professional attitude! I think he was addressing someone else - not you. You sound like a jacka$$ - maybe you should look for employment elsewhere very, very soon (like the Post Office where you can go postal and shoot everyone).... I'm sure you're fun to fly with.

beytzim said:
800 dirver,

Congrats on the 800XP, its probably the best airplane to be on at Netjets. The X works too hard, the F2000 has bratty F/As, and all the other ones are too small or work too hard.

In regarding pay, you are not going to get $2800 a month take home a month. After 401(k) and taxes, it will be more like $2000 including per diem. Your best bet is to contact all your local FBO's after you get typed and see if you can fly as a Hawker contract F/O for a local flt dept. Typical pay is $500 a day. You won't fly much your first year at Netjets so flying as a contractor will keep your head above water. Good Luck.

How are Hawker 800 pilots allocated between the normal XP and the XPC? Are you trained on both or do you just fly one or the other? Would newhires likely be trained on the normal XP? Is the 1000 a good fleet to be on as well?

On Your Six said:
How are Hawker 800 pilots allocated between the normal XP and the XPC? Are you trained on both or do you just fly one or the other? Would newhires likely be trained on the normal XP? Is the 1000 a good fleet to be on as well?

Six, as of now, the Hawker 800 guys are avionics specific with no crossover between the two airplanes. The 1000 is a good fleet, but they're all going away (i.e. for sale) so there probably won't be any more crew hiring into that plane.

800 Driver said:
When I made the camparison to 60K it was in terms of NET TAKE HOME.

AT 60K I take home 3000K per month. LOTS of taxes taken out.

At 27500K I should TAKE HOME about $2800/mo (includes per diem, etc)

That was the comparison.

Thanks for all the replies. Still looking forward to something different for a change.

I'm a first year F/O.... The take home pay you estimate above is optimistic. Mine is $888 every 2 weeks take home not incl per diem etc. (FL therefore no state taxes). That's slightly less than $1800 per month. On a high month I average $450 in "saved" per diem & overtime--if you want to starve and have no fun. Low month about 210. Therefore expect to take home $2010 to $2250 per month including ALL per diem overtime etc.
Additionally, history is not in our favor. Many folks have gotten Capt pay due to upgrade or bypass--based on numbers now, that's not the case; so plan on about $2250 (high) the first year and $2500 or so after 3-5 years; maybe longer depending on what happens with upgrades contract, etc. This includes all extra pay. If you live in a state that taxes your income, expect it to be a bit lower.

I like working here. With the exception of pay, the working conditions are OK and the flying is great--I like this type of flying and you have a set schedule vs. being on beeper--can't compare it to a 121 operation.

However, not sure I can stay with this low pay if having to stay SIC for more than a couple of years.

After 4 years I quit Netjets last August. It was bittersweet. I thought the job was the best and would only get better with a new contract. Met interesting people and flew to new places. For the most part the pilots are top notch. Had a lot of fun and glad I did it. The years of low pay and long hours slowly wore me down. I became upset at the union and the company. My attitude started to get so bad it was unhealthy. I read a couple books about real estate 2 years ago. Now I do real estate full time. I don't miss the job but I do miss the people I flew with. Today I get to watch the superbowl for the first time in years. Good luck to you 800 driver. I was in the ultra but I heard good things about the hawker.

Probably as many can

Probably as many as can. I worked part time when I was at Flexjet, and then kept the job when I went to Netjets.

It was a great idea at the time, but I got activated at my part time job an now reside in Iraq.

The positive side is I got the 100% raise that I wanted.

But let me tell you this. I'm making ok money (Tax free, combat pay, family separation, hostile fire pay). Its not great money, just OK. It's not as much as you think.

It's a shame that many have to work 2 jobs just to make financial goals.
I don't own a boat, my cars are used, and I have 2 kids in college. I have never taken a vacation that didn't involve my family car. My wife works also.

My goal is that I get to eat canned dog food when I'm old instead of that dry stuff.

My wife just returned from Iraq a couple of weeks ago having served a year there.

Thanks for serving our country SB and stay safe...

Bottom line...

You are happy about getting the job at NJA.
You will accept the GOOD feedback and reject the BAD feedback by discounting it as "disgruntled employee speak."
No matter what, you are in the tractor beam and, most probably, won't escape.
Having said that, "welcome aboard and good luck." Hope you can get out of here one day...it's not good.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back