• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Coming home on your own airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In this time of declining pay scales, reduced pilot staffing levels its time we start treating each other with a bit more respect.

The time is quicly approaching where we, professional pilots, may need to stand up together and say, "No, we won't take pay cuts, find another way like raise ticket prices to pay for your mistakes".

If we cannot find a way to show respect for each other now, how can we expect to stand up for each other in the future? You can start by ALWAYS giving your jumpseaters a bit of respect.

Pilots should protect as well as respect each other.

There's a female NWA FA that looks and sounds a bit like Chris Farley. She's extremely nice, but I have a hard time not cracking a big grin when I see her.

I had the best experience on NWA JS out of Winnipeg. My Finace had a ticket in the back, and after checking in with the crew they gave me a seat up front. I asked if I would be able to sit with her somewhere, not asking for the front. The FA immediatly went back and brought her up to the front to sit with me. However the gate agent threw a hissy fit about that and said it couldn't be done. Now I felt bad about causing a prob. The Capt asked what the problem was. After the FA told him the GA was being a bitch, he kicked her off, closed the door, and let us sit in First. If you were the flight crew and are reading this, Thanks so much. Didn't want to cause trouble.

i think it is great when this happens, we need to let our significant others in first when they are on a paid ticket. Come on now, they paid good money, lets hook them up.

I was on my companys flight the other night, I was wearing my pilot shirt with out any of the flair. No wings, name tag, or bars, nothing. Both flight attendents served me a drink in first class, then told on me that i was drinking in uniform. I got a call from my chiefs, and i told them what was up, and they thought nothing of it. Good for me I guess. Just be carefull when you have a shirt on and nothing else in first class. Take care.

I have found that if you are an "Express, Connection or Eagle (as the case may be)" pilot for the mother ship, they treat you like crap. They treat offline guys great. When I worked for a USAir Express carrier, I was treated like crap by gate agents (especially in CLT). Now, if I jumpseat, they bend over backwards for me. The entire crew does. As long as your uniform isn't the same color as their's, they're happy to have you.

You can check loads for other airlines on the SABRE computer system, I had a little cheat sheet to use, but I have now lost it, ask a gate agent how to do it if you see one with time on their hands. Otherwise you can call the reservation telephone number and just ask someone there. Another way I use is to look online and look for open seats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back