Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Come work at ASA for 19,000 and no contract--please!!PFTer..

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pilot shortage my @ss... Upgrade at ASA is still on the long side of four years.

CP, upg times are coming down and will continue to come down as the legacy and LCC continue to hire. Also, more cpts are being pulled off the line as IPs. Even if we don't grow and become stagnant the upg time will come down for attrition.

CP, upg times are coming down and will continue to come down as the legacy and LCC continue to hire. Also, more cpts are being pulled off the line as IPs. Even if we don't grow and become stagnant the upg time will come down for attrition.

May the gods of upgrade hear you brother!!

There is just not as many people wanting to get into industry because of all the negative press.”

Oh oh! You mean people are reading and believing what they read about ASA on flightinfo? Danny, now there's a real winner. That sob still working at ASA? He must be 70 by now! Ask him about the time when he was CP and he put out one of his memos that pilots were not to drink the water on the planes!

Get the contract done to the Union's and pilots satisfaction....
and maybe, just maybe, you'll get more applicants. Doubtful.

Strike ASA!

This is going one of two places:

1. Sign contract, start paying decent wage.

2. Hire anyone who wants to make 19,000'/yr and train them from the ground up.

My money is on #2, and guess what kind of applicants we are going to get. Can you say illegal immigrants?

Falling flight hour requirements
To compete for pilots, ASA has lowered its minimum flight hour requirements twice in the last six months. It has gone from 1,200 hours, including 200 hours flying multi-engine aircraft, to 800 and 50 hours respectively. The airline will lower the minimum total time to 500 hours for students who have had advanced jet training in Level 5 or 6 Fixed Training Devices or Level C full-flight simulators

Actually, It's more like 300 hours. I flew with a couple of them before I left. They may have a few hours in a MD-80 sim, but still can't talk on the radios.

Once the new deal is done, I would expect a blend of number 1 and 2. The first year pay will come up so we will be able to attract people to come to ASA. The scheduling and other QOL improvements will hopefully entice them to stay at ASA.

I can't believe some people now consider the regionals a step down from flight instructing. Maybe a little exaggeration but the perception is in the sewer right now. Even with a raise, increased time off, improved bennies, etc. they're still not even close to being competitive with the Net Jets of the world. They are getting hit on both ends recruiting and retention. If there was ever a chance to negotiate for improved working conditions at the regionals this is it.

Latest resources

Back