Come On!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ILS JNKY said:
Are a lot a like in many ways as i have found out during the last 2 years that i have been flying and learing.

After 15 yrs of sales experiance, failure in sales one big one that comes to mind is not closing enough leaving steps out of the sales cycle, just not going by the numbers, you know doing what it takes.

Flying has a lot of different things going on all around you , so i have found out at this time. but just learning from mistakes is a goodso when fialure raises its ugly head I just keep moving forward, ie i never see failure as failure only as an opertunity to sharpen my skills.

ILS JNKY,

I hope you complete your flights better than you complete your sentences.:) :) :)

To all concerned,

One way NOT get a job, is not knowing how to spell and use proper grammer in your sentences. I don't mean to be a prude or a smart a@# but hey, some of you guys really need to get with the program. It might not be your flying after all.

I'm just venting, don't be pissed, just think about what I said.

Your friend,

Av8ter

Typos and sales

Really, Avt8tr's point is extremely well taken. You should be fastidious about your writing and grammar. I say that not only because I love to write and because writing is extremely important to me, but because you are judged by how you speak and write. Your materials are your spokesmen. I don't believe that H.R. people are as well schooled in English as they once were and might not catch the misspellings and typos they once caught. But, they just might, and that gives them an excuse to place your materials, and a chance at career advancement, into the round file.

ERAU made its Aeronautical Science majors take a course in technical writing. So did Mesa, when I was there nine years ago. I always tell people that along with taking as much math and science as possible they should take plenty of English, and especially English composition and speech. If you write and speak like a moron, people will think you're a moron. Get a seasoned writer or secretary to proof your materials if you're unsure of your proofreading skills.

I like the sales example. You have to sell yourself, within the extremely narrow constraints that the application and interview forum provides. And, if you see the opportunity, you have to ask for the order, i.e., the job.

Lots of luck to all aviation job seekers. Take it from someone who's been there, done that, it's a jungle out there.

Last edited:
You must chill!

Grammar this, grammar that. So what if his spelling wasn't exactly correct? I'm sure there are many mistakes on my post, but what about the content of the previous post? Does that count for anything? A good friend of mine has problems with writing, but happens to be the most gifted archetect (sp?) I have ever seen. He's talented in many ways, a little less in others. Most of us welcome your posts, ILS, because we want to hear what you have to say, and you don't have to have a Harvard Professor look at it first. :)

ChilliD

zugzug

Try not to focus on the negative. I had failed numerous rides to earn my tickets. But when I interviewed for a 121 job they never asked if I had. When I finally got in training, was I ever worried? You bet I was. So I studied my butt off and made it through no problem. The point being, never give up, keep working hard and stay current on everything and everything. This is the easiest job in the world, and it was worth all the days of anxiety.

Good luck

Latest resources

Back