• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's new travel benefits...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Comair should sue. Even when Delta sold Worldspan Travel Services, the employees at the date of sale got to keep their passes. They fly the same as non wholly owned as they did when they were owned.

The issue is "wholly-owned" (Comair)

vs.

"Holy-owned" (Skywest)

!

Mass sick calls for all the guys commuting from CVG to JFK.
One of the CP's has offered up good ideas of getting crews up there and back. Such as letting them ride on the airplanes being repositioned in and out of CVG and LGA, but management won't allow it.
They'd rather shoot themself in the foot.

I don't believe there is anything in the manual that states you cannot ride on a reposition flight...you just cannot ride on a maintenance ferry flight.

I'm not sure why management won't allow it since the CP's are management. I suspect you CAN ride on a repo flight just trying to figure out when they might be would be tricky.

Mass sick calls for all the guys commuting from CVG to JFK.
One of the CP's has offered up good ideas of getting crews up there and back. Such as letting them ride on the airplanes being repositioned in and out of CVG and LGA, but management won't allow it.
They'd rather shoot themself in the foot.
That is a good idea, but these repo flights aren't scheduled. We only repo to cover a/c down for mx, or if there's weather cancellations, we repo to pick up the next line that isn't cancelled. Though if we did schedule crew ferry flights, I'm sure it would be a lot cheaper than the money we'd loose for crew cancellations.

It makes me nauseous every time I read about another beatdown being given to airline labor. A little here, a little there, and pilots living in a state of low-level fear all the time. Then, of course, there are pilots of other companies defending it because it makes their job look a little better relatively. It really is sickening and only serves to anger employees, who then anger the customers, who then fly less.

It is no coincidence that the most successful aviation companies are the ones who treat their employees like human beings. SWA, JB, NJA.

It is no coincidence that the most successful aviation companies are the ones who treat their employees like human beings. SWA, JB, NJA.

As an ex Comair pilot now working at NJA, I could not agree more.

To me its a simple concept - Company takes care of employees; employees take care of customers; customers take care of the company.

I just love it when companies like Delta "re-invent" themselves (usually when theres a change of management). After being in business for 60+ years, you still haven't figured it out?

As an ex Comair pilot now working at NJA, I could not agree more.

To me its a simple concept - Company takes care of employees; employees take care of customers; customers take care of the company.

I just love it when companies like Delta "re-invent" themselves (usually when theres a change of management). After being in business for 60+ years, you still haven't figured it out?

Best post of the thread! They will never figure it out.

What.....

Best post of the thread! They will never figure it out.

DAL is taking care of their employees, just at the contractors expense..... Like it or not, as a contractor, if you pee off the pax and ruin the experience too much, you'll be replaced by the next two bit certificate that Wexford or JO can muster to buy planes for and staff with new, cheaper, less bitter employees.
I think the best post of this whole subject was the regional pilot who realized that the only time you control your destiny is when your not a contract carrier, but a brand name carrier, selling your own tickets and having your own scope clause to enforce instead of living under someone elses.
Were talking about boarding policy, so taking care of one person is disadvantaging another.
Luv

Latest resources

Back