• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's new travel benefits...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We are employees of the company that sells the tickets and owns the seats. You aren't. You are lucky that Delta even lets you occupy passenger seats. You will not get any sympathy from us.

And that is why I am happy to deny a jumpseat for a mainliner, using my professional discretion: low O2, weight/balance, beyond departure time. I will do whatever I can to deflate your haughty sense of entitlement.

I may not get sympathy, but to see your red pissed-off face from my seat, knowing my decision is fully-defensible, makes my S3C passes a bit more tolerable.

You know-the more of this crap DAL pulls, the less favors I am apt to do. I used to go and pull bags from cargo personally and find places for them in the cabin to squeeze on every possible person. Not anymore...

-They just contracted every single out-station to mesaba and others. I guess that is "smart business"-DAL doesn't have to pay for ground damage, and the incessant delays and screw-ups don't affect their performance stats....

-Probably would be smart business not to bump all sorts of revenue pax as well, but that would entail me going the extra mile again-not likely.

Exactly. Their decision to treat us like garbage has resulted in inefficiencies costing MULTIPLES of what they pay me, yet a fraction of which would keep me happy enough to go the extra mile.

Typical short-sighted, sell-out management mentality.

Last edited:
You do a poor job for the boss, you will find yourself unemployed when your carriers' contract is modified due to poor performance.

Last edited:
I have never seen pilot groups b!tch more about the mainline that they feed more than ASA and Comair.

You want mainline priority? Make the sacrifice and make the jump to mainline. Things in the NWA system were much worse for it's feeders... you don't get any sympathy from the other FNWA carriers. It's like a bunch of spoiled little children whining.

Make the sacrifice and make the jump to mainline.

Make the sacrifice?

As if some of us made a conscious decision NOT to excel at what we do, always give 100%, and follow an earnest career path.

In fact, we have made a conscious decision NOT to have trans-gender surgery, switch races, or be born to a different father, so I guess we have NOT done everything possible to "jump to mainline."

Therein lies the origin of your sense of entitlement: that you are somehow more worthy since you were selected by an arbitrary process for admission to the elite club.

COME ON!

If you think it's an arbitrary process, that's one of your problems right there.

Work for mainline, get mainline priority.

Guys the goal is to make it so intolerable to work for the regional that you jump ship and reset your longevity.
It will get worse, I am sure.
I agree it stinks, but pass bennies are not something we have control over.

Guys the goal is to make it so intolerable to work for the regional that you jump ship and reset your longevity.
It will get worse, I am sure.
I agree it stinks, but pass bennies are not something we have control over.
I agree with ACL, this was Delta managements agenda, not DALPA or Delta pilots.(Thought I'm hearing it was to appease the FNWA ACS to keep them from unionizing) What's done is done. I was ticked about it, but I'm gonna have to deal with it. Though I still think we should have been S3A which would put active subsidary employees in front of parents and retirees, but I digress.:rolleyes: I have a family of five so I guess it's time to slit up in order to make it to wherever we need to go.

Once again, the Delta pilots had nothing to do with these changes. What DAL management did was look at the DAL and NWA travel policies. They combined a little here and there and this is the final outcome. Does it stink for some people? Yes. Is it better for others? Yes. We all will have to adapt to these new policies.

People, we do not need a jumpseat war. Pilots need to go to work and usually the only seat left is upfront. Be professional. If you have a problem with the new policies, talk to ALPA or management. Don't ever leave a guy behind because you are mad at a corporate policy. It is childish.

Latest resources

Back