• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair's new travel benefits...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
OK guys, try to remember that the jumpseat may soon become our only option, (mainline or RJ), so let's all play nice, shall we?

Honestly, this was no big surprise. It would've been great to bring Compass/Mesaba up to CMR's flight benefits, but seriously, why would they do that?

The NWA guys came up to DAL's pay and work rules. A nice boost for them, from what I've heard. What did the DAL guys get?

So the NWA guys had a little perk in their contract, making sure they get on an airplane sooner than a regional guy did. I guess the powers that be thought they could a least give the DAL guys a little QOL boost.

Doesn't cost the company a thing, and it makes 6,000 DAL pilots a little happier. Do you think they care if it makes 1,000 CMR pilots mad?

For those that say, no problem, I'll just call in under the commuter clause - good for you. Not getting paid - that'll show 'em!

The one major thing I have learned very quickly in my 2.5 years in the airlines.

If you want decent pay, good benefits, and a decent QOL, your paycheck better come from the company that's painted on your tail!

OK guys, try to remember that the jumpseat may soon become our only option, (mainline or RJ), so let's all play nice, shall we?

Before you know it, mainline will be getting priority on connection jumpseats. Can't wait for that.......

The whole S3C thing isn't a huge issue especially for people who were used to riding behind super senior mainliners anyway. The loss of S2s is really terrible, traveling with family, a spouse or a companion will be pretty much impossible. :(

Last edited:
Before you know it, mainline will be getting priority on connection jumpseats. Can't wait for that.......

The whole S3C thing isn't a huge issue especially for people who were used to riding behind super senior mainliners anyway. The loss of S2s is really terrible, traveling with family, a spouse or a companion will be pretty much impossible. :(

It is that way now. We almost always take separate flights.

What connection jumpseats? They're always weight restricted.

I realize this has nothing to do with the pilots from either company. But it has everything to do with Delta as a company. This is just one more reason not to make any effort to ensure those 50 delta connecting passengers make there connection. Let Delta buy there Hotels. Its not my company or profit sharing right?

I realize this has nothing to do with the pilots from either company. But it has everything to do with Delta as a company. This is just one more reason not to make any effort to ensure those 50 delta connecting passengers make there connection. Let Delta buy there Hotels. Its not my company or profit sharing right?

You know-the more of this crap DAL pulls, the less favors I am apt to do. I used to go and pull bags from cargo personally and find places for them in the cabin to squeeze on every possible person. Not anymore...

-They just contracted every single out-station to mesaba and others. I guess that is "smart business"-DAL doesn't have to pay for ground damage, and the incessant delays and screw-ups don't affect their performance stats....

-Probably would be smart business not to bump all sorts of revenue pax as well, but that would entail me going the extra mile again-not likely.

What connection jumpseats? They're always weight restricted.

If your comment comes from experience then you've been unlucky with either EMBs or with non-commuters who just don't give the extra effort. If your comment is just out of ignorance, well then I'll chose to ignore you. If you get guys from a commuter base, you'll get on 95% of the time. Only extreme circumstances (full plane, full bags, full fuel) will cause otherwise. ;) Thanks for playing though.

We see plenty of you guys on our seats too. It can go both ways, and more of you want to go to Palm Beach than our guys going to Evansberg or wherever..... Be nice....

Bye Bye--General Lee

When I was on the PDT jumpseat committee, that's exactly what AA said to us when we squawked about not having unlimited jumpseat availability on their flights as they had on ours. It didn't take long before we won that fight.... In fact there was no fight. It was worked out the right way.

General, the only smart statement in that post were the last two words. "Be nice".

Latest resources

Back