• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comairs Big Announcement! [rumor mill]

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If SB or DS are named new CEO I think you will see attrition spike in the next week. If DS gets the seat, you will see a really big spike.

I've got a really sick feeling about this. I don't think JS is stepping down. If anything he is being told he doesn't have a job. What could a new CEO do here that JS couldn't, or DB couldn't, or Freddy Fred Fred Fred couldn't. I think this news is more than us just getting a new CEO.

DS as President!?!?!?! If they would do that, they'd really be shutting the airline down.

Maybe they're announcing that we're going to change the paint job on the airplane. Because all companies who are struggling find the money to repaint their airplanes.

"If SB or DS are named new CEO I think you will see attrition spike in the next week. If DS gets the seat, you will see a really big spike."

Attrition? Really?

I don' think Home Depot is hiring right now.

Where else would these "pilots" go?

Don't you think these "select" soles would have left CMR already if they either wanted to or could?

Well, maybe the CMR MEC is working a deal with their Union buddies at Delta. I think preferential hiring at Delta is justified and in order for the prestrike folks at Comair ... maybe even get DOH.

Well, maybe the CMR MEC is working a deal with their Union buddies at Delta. I think preferential hiring at Delta is justified and in order for the prestrike folks at Comair ... maybe even get DOH.

Pass whatever your smoking over here...no way in hell that happens.

If SB or DS are named new CEO I think you will see attrition spike in the next week. If DS gets the seat, you will see a really big spike.

I've got a really sick feeling about this. I don't think JS is stepping down. If anything he is being told he doesn't have a job. What could a new CEO do here that JS couldn't, or DB couldn't, or Freddy Fred Fred Fred couldn't. I think this news is more than us just getting a new CEO.

I thought it was Fast Freddy Boom Boom or Freddy Boom Boom? Picked it up when he was in The Nam or something (no offense to those who served in Vietnam, of course). Dang, shows ya what I know.

My guess is that Glamor Boy is out, someone from the NW side of the hizzle will grease on in, and the S.D.F. (not Louisville-burg-town) will continue with all possible haste.

Standing by.

Here you go...

Dear Comair Team:

The past year as your president has proven to be one of the most exciting, challenging — and certainly unpredictable — times I’ve experienced during my more than 35 years in the airline industry. With a souring economy, erratic fuel prices and a mainline merger dominating the landscape in 2008, we have addressed plenty of tough issues together. And while I have sincerely enjoyed working with you to build a more viable future for our airline, I have made the difficult decision to re-enter retirement, effective immediately.

Delta has chosen John Bendoraitis to be Comair’s new president. John has more than 25 years of industry experience, including more than 20 years at Northwest. He served as the airline’s vice president of Base Maintenance before helping launch Compass and serving as president of the airline, a Northwest Airlink partner.

When I joined the company last October, my goals were fairly simple and straightforward: I wanted to help make Comair a standout airline — to be the best operationally, to be second to none in customer service and to have a great future filled with opportunities and advantages. While we have weathered through capacity and fleet reductions over the past 12 months — like all carriers have — I am very proud of the work we accomplished.

· Performance: Our year-to-date completion factor and on-time performance as of the end of October are better than they have been in two years. As of the end of October, our year-to-date completion percentage was 96.8 percent. We finished October with a 99.6 percent completion factor for the month after recording an unparalleled 22 consecutive perfect days. Our A14 (arrival within 15 minutes) as of the end of October was 72.9 percent. This performance has enabled us to pay out about $5 million in profit sharing payments to the Comair team. And while we are heading into the tough winter months, you have shown you will take advantage of good weather periods to drive strong performance results.

• Cost Savings: Since the beginning of the year, we have achieved $30 million in savings, becoming a leaner and more efficient company.
By consistently reducing costs, improving performance and mirroring the mainline experience as much as possible, we have continued to take steps to be a more valuable partner and pave the way for potential growth as the economy permits. I have much hope for Comair’s future, regardless of the many external factors that will continue to influence our industry.

I am proud to have been at the helm during what will undoubtedly be regarded as some of the rockiest times in airline history, and to have served with each of you. While I am excited to get back to leisurely activities with my family, I know I will miss the day-to-day involvement, and the excitement and challenges that come with working in the industry, particularly those over the past few years. I leave Comair with much hope for the airline’s — and your — success and strong future.

Latest resources

Back