Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ballsdeep123

whats up with comair?? I see they're hiring for late June classes....anyone currently working there please share...reserve, schedules, etc.
thanks

Comair is currently running classes and I hear from a GS instructor that they may run 1 a week until September. This is to put staffing levels back where they were before the mass attrition took place. I don't believe these classes are for any planned growth for the time being, but just to replace people that have left.

All I can tell you about reserve is that right now the schedule runs about 2 1/2 years deep.

Reserve rules are pretty decent over all. Expect about 11 days off once the new LOA goes into effect. I think right now you get 12 off on reserve but I forget. Another thing when the union comes into class to do their rah rah presentation don't be afraid to ask so do I actually have to join this thing? If they get rude and belligerent with you simply walk out and say you need to use the facilities.

D'Angelo said:
Reserve rules are pretty decent over all. Expect about 11 days off once the new LOA goes into effect. I think right now you get 12 off on reserve but I forget. Another thing when the union comes into class to do their rah rah presentation don't be afraid to ask so do I actually have to join this thing? If they get rude and belligerent with you simply walk out and say you need to use the facilities.

Why don't you let people make up their own minds about whether to join the union or not? Oh yeah, I forgot...You lie about it, because you're angry that you fear it.

atrdriver said:
Why don't you let people make up their own minds about whether to join the union or not? Oh yeah, I forgot...You lie about it, because you're angry that you fear it.

If you read what I said I said don't be afraid to ask. I never said he had to ask at all. Im just saying a lot of people wonder if you do have a choice. Don't be afraid to ask the union what your rights are as far as those type of things go. If they disrespect you for asking simply walk out. If they want to join more power to them

suupah said:
what would happen if you asked that?

Nothing would happen. Idiot wants you to believe that your ALPA reps are thugs who will break your kneecaps if you dare to question their authority. You would simply be told that CMR is a union shop, and while your membership in the union is entirely optional, you will still have to pay the maintenance dues, and they will probably explain to you exactly what those maint dues go to.

Latest resources

Back