• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Really? This whole thing is about JC? Jesus, how long ago was that? You realize that MUCH has happened since then? So you hope for the demise of hundreds of pilots who may or may not have agreed with what happened? This was a group of pilots, not the entire pilot group. You do understand that A LOT of current pilots at CMR were not even there during the strike or what happened before or shortly after? Oh, and by the way, the strike was about better pay and work rules, not screwing Delta. Those pilots were just trying to get what they deserved and they did well. And remember mgmt agreed to it.
There are a lot of really good people at Comair who are just trying to get by and keep their homes and support their families. I think it is really sad and pathetic that you a..holes are hoping they lose it all. Remember that in this industry, your luck can turn on a dime.
It's really unfortunate what has happened to this entire industry. It's really sad that there are some people who are so ignorant that they actually think pilots have the power to decide what happens with the airline. Unions don't have the power that they used to have.
GL-no need to respond. You go ahead and eat your first class meal, which I have had and quite honestly, they suck. Given a choice, Alaska has much better meals, otherwise, i'll take some peanuts from Southwest.

You are wrong, and the meals to Europe are a lot different, on menus with different selections and multiple courses, including ice cream sundaes. Really, really good, and the right price for the pilots. (free baby!) Don't confuse domestic First Class meals with INTL flight First Class (Buisiness Elite) meals. Not even close.

And, pilots can decide what happens in this industry. As long as you don't go to BK, your contract helps shape what happens. The Comair pilots struck and did get an eventual pay raise, but never did anything about their own scope (DCI scope). They thought they were the only ones playing, along with ASA and SkyWest at the time. Well, since then a few more have been added, squeezing Comair out. Very little Scope protection, and in DL BK you still lost that pay raise. (and could have lost the scope too I guess, but you would have had it for awhile) Lessons learned.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL,

I'm ashamed you are a DL pilot - make the whole lot look bad and worst of all tarnish a great General's name. Comair guys are losing their jobs. They just want the reciprocal agreement of what they offered to Delta pilots (and what some Delta pilots took). That is clearly; preferential hiring for those who resign their seniority number. Stop thumping your chest with a "i am mightier than thou" attitude because you fly airplanes to Europe and get to eat a selection of meals. At the end of the day, it's just food, and just another airplane. Comair pilots are people, and at that; ALPA brothers.

The Delta pilots are just using JC as an excuse....They have never done anything for any other pilot group...Ask the Eastern pilots what the Delta MEC did for them after Delta took over all of that flying...

Quit expecting the Delta pilots to do anything for anyone else...Start doing what you need to do and don't expect anything from them.......

Joe:
Clean up your shabby record, then maybe you'll get hired at a real airline someday, and for the love of God man, tell your rjdc buds that they shouldn't spend all that $$ in one place.
How's that lawsuit working out for you!:laugh:

Okay I'll get on that. In turn you ask the Pan Am guys at Delta why a huge chunk of them started a DAL in '91? For added bonus ask a Pan Am guy how many jobs were transferred when UAL carved out the LHR network from Pan Am.

I'll 1 up you with something very recent. The flow through terminated when Mesaba was sold per both agreements, yet the Delta MEC pushed and got relief for Mesaba and Compass pilots. In fact, the entire Compass list was protected--way above and beyond requires, while Mesaba pilots were also protected above and beyond requirements.

During the merger, Delta pilots also went above and beyond to be inclusive of the North side.

Unless Delta pilots are going to offer Comair and ASA pilots integration with DOH, protection for ASA and Comair captain seats, 10% more compensation for Comair and ASA captains than any other pilot on the list, full 60% FAE retirement for Comair and ASA captains only, and guaranteed positive space first class seating for Comair and ASA captains, Merchant, 813, 2246, et al will be screaming about how major pilots look down on them because they fly little jets.
:bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

Moderator Input:

KNOCK IT OFF with the personal attacks. I'm not kidding. Dirt Doctor suspended 7 days. The next person to launch into more personal attacks gets 30 days. Tired of having to do this. You want to debate? Fine. You want to tell someone they're out of touch with reality, useless to aviation, whatever? Fine.

Attacking someone's personal life, sexual preference, children, etc, is NOT acceptable behavior. Be a professional. Period.

/mod

Darn it lear you beat me to another reported Violation!.. I got your back.. throw the book at them.. I'm sick of the personal attacks.. I feel these deserve a max penalty...

GL,

I'm ashamed you are a DL pilot - make the whole lot look bad and worst of all tarnish a great General's name. Comair guys are losing their jobs. They just want the reciprocal agreement of what they offered to Delta pilots (and what some Delta pilots took). That is clearly; preferential hiring for those who resign their seniority number. Stop thumping your chest with a "i am mightier than thou" attitude because you fly airplanes to Europe and get to eat a selection of meals. At the end of the day, it's just food, and just another airplane. Comair pilots are people, and at that; ALPA brothers.

First of all, I am not named after the actual General, rather the car in The Dukes of Hazard TV Show. Next, I am not slamming all Comair pilots in "general", rather a select few that did ruin a lot for the rest of the pilots. So, don't shoot the messenger, rather look at the direct cause of the problem. Comair's offer to the DL furloughed pilots was a slap in the face, and that has never been forgotten. If you were not a part of Comair during that time period, then I am sorry if you are getting the short end of the stick now. Just understand that some people in your company made some other people really mad.

Bye Bye--General Lee

get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

get over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alright, I have had a change of heart. All of you Comair people, except the guys at the top, have had the screws put to you. I am sorry for that, and I hope you all find better employment eventually. Have a great one!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Twobits is right on. Why can't we just get the reciprocal of what Comair offered Delta? I will retire my Comair seniority number...if I must.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back