Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Tri-holer,

Sorry for late reply, was on a trip. I know no secrets, just know what I hear. The planes are coming in and they need pilots.

The only reason they couldn't call people in for classes before Oct 14 was because of the training dept. being backed up for the Brasilia guys. That's pretty much over so, my "GUESS" is that they'll keep the classes rolling about 3 a month. That equates to about 36 people a month (12 in a standard class).

I get the 36 number, from what I've heard of the plane deliveries and as Caveman said earlier in this thread, that there will be 3 plane deliveries per month in 03. So that means 33 pilot per month (11 pilot per plane). But guess what people have been washing out, not often but it has been happening. I know of two people that failed out in the last month and a half, and I heard three did. So they do need extras just in case and maybe if they all pass then they'll decide to only have a class of 6 or something instead of 12. BY THE WAY people are failing the sim, not the ground school, so
TIP FOR ALL OF YOU COMING IN: Study your cockpit flows ASAP during ground school. You don't need to be wasting time beginning your sim sessions still studying these every night. Plus don't worry about the oral so much, during the sim sessions. Study the MANEUVERS and STANDARD CALLS( postive rate- gear up, etc.) before the sims also. That way when you get there you can worry about one stinking thing: Flying the darn plane.

The people that usually fail out get so behind that they never catch up. They don't know their flows, standard calls, maneuvers, and then can't concentrate on just flying, because they're stumbling on what exactly the procedures are and what to say throughout the sim. That's the best advice I can give. Try hard and you all shouldn't have a problem.

You're all wondering why Comair isn't sure about class dates, right?-----

It's simple really. This is my OPINION only but LOOK at the uncertainty in today's airline industry, economy, and the world today!
They are only telling people of their class dates something like exactly 2 weeks prior, because of this uncertainty.
Tomorrow could, god forbid, be another terrorist attack making no one fly again for years. We could go to war with Iraq. Jet fuel prices could skyrocket 2 dollars a gallon. There could be a stock market crash and send us spiraling into recession. Bombardier might not be able to get the planes to us fast enough!!
MY POINT is here that there are too many variables and that Comair doesn't want to call people in and have them move their families to Cincitucky, have them quit their current jobs, and one week after they get here realize: OH GREAT we don't need these guys, we have to furlough them.

See my point, you might hear of PROJECTED classes like the possibility of the 28th, but they'll be cancelled or new ones will be added weekly. HECK NO ONE KNOWS, not even the people setting the CLASS DATES:) I've heard they're on like plan 13 for the year currently on how to call people in for classes and the future projections for Comair.
I bet no one will be called in for classes for the future until about 3 weeks prior, at the most, ahead of time. Hopefully then, when they call people, then the class will be a definite. So hang in there, and the fact that they are still INTERVIEWING, still HAVING CLASSES, and DO have class possibilities still out there is excellent news!

My guess, and only a GUESS, is that that pool will start shrinking really soon. Takes 3 months to train ya, and those plane deliveries begin in January:) <--if they're not coming already, which i don't know. BUT JANUARY is three months away!

Hope all of you get called in soon. Keep your heads up and come in smiling, and Comair is gonna love to have every one of ya!!
Jetflyer

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back