Comair vs. Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

clarkwgriswald

Currently have been recalled to comair with less than a year of seniority and have a class date with eagle in the next month. Any thoughts?
Thanks

With the uncertainty in the regional industry right now, you'll probably have the best luck by flipping a coin.

That being said, looking at the current state of both companies, you'll probably upgrade a little faster at Comair, plus you're already at least a few months along the seniority ladder.

As uncertain as the future is, you might as well also consider which bases you would prefer to live in. Might as well enjoy a little quality of life before you get furloughed again....:rolleyes:

Delta's future is not too bright right now (Comair is tied to DAL). Head for Eagle, AA is bringing in the business and I believe they still have a "flowthrough" program. The most you'll get from Delta is a dirty look and bad service.

Thanks for the thoughts. Comair makes me nervous since we are vulnerable right now to both a strike at delta and a strike by our flight attendants at comair. But living in base is nice as oppossed to a commute for eagle.

pick the one with a crew base where you currently live or want to move to..the pay will be the same upgrade the same but what you can give yourself is the quality of life by not commuting

RJET said:
Go with Comair to save the the commute and keep looking at other places.

I like this one, right now isn't really a good time to be trying to look towards the future and I think alot will be revealed here in the next 9 months. Staying put and looking for a better deal sounds good to me even if its just for a few more months, in the meantime you'll reap these benifits......

1. No commuting (what if you get San Juan...wouldn't that suck)

2. Closer to 2nd year pay..$32/hr in a few months verses a whole year back at $23-$24/hr.

3. Training sucks...at least Comair will probably put you through a short course and you pretty much know it all already.

HarryParatestes said:
Head for Eagle, AA is bringing in the business and I believe they still have a "flowthrough" program.
Forget about that. It has only been working backwards for quite some time now and most here want to see it eliminated alltogether.

I'm coming to a similar situation on the other side of the fence. I almost have a year here at Eagle and I'm wondering if I made a bad decision... It's not that I don't like Eagle, but the upgrade potential (right now) looks to be rather ellusive.

I've thought about trying to get on with SkyWest, but then again they're tied to Delta and United and may be getting into some sh*t when/if they integrate ASA into their pilot group.

Pretty great time to be in the regionals huh?

Good luck w/ your decision.

Get a Citation 500 type rating, and start making connections. You'll make more money and you'll be happier with control over your destiny.

I quit Eagle last month after 9 years, 7 as a Captain.

Latest resources

Back