• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair vs. Eagle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stick with Comair. Cincinnati was much nicer than San Juan will ever be. Besides you are about to get a pay raise for 2nd year at Comair. I do agree if you can get a liveable (doesn't have to be great) corporate gig and network you will be well ahead of the regionals.

Just wish I had the option to go back to CVG if I ever get recalled. I hear we still have that nice new hangar there, so I can still hope. Probably as much chance as me winning the lottery, and I don't buy any tickets.

HarryParatestes said:
Delta's future is not too bright right now (Comair is tied to DAL). Head for Eagle, AA is bringing in the business and I believe they still have a "flowthrough" program. The most you'll get from Delta is a dirty look and bad service.
Flowthrough is a non-issue. It wasn't working prior to 9/11 (125 flowed), it certainly will not work in the future with 3000 AA furloughs. Upgrades to the junior bases (SJU and LAX turboprop) are 7 years now. It's a trickle at that. There is basically no movement. We are frantically waiting for the 400+ flowbacks to return so we can have our seniority list back.
The good news is, AMR stock is up. The company looks like it will be around for a while.

clarkwgriswald said:
Thanks for the thoughts. Comair makes me nervous since we are vulnerable right now to both a strike at delta and a strike by our flight attendants at comair. But living in base is nice as oppossed to a commute for eagle.

WOW, what has the world come to. I was in the exact opposite situation a four years ago. Stay w/ eagle at home or commute to cincy. Well, I probably would have filed for bancruptcy now myself had a stayed at eagle. Look, comair is going through some very difficult times, but have you spoken with any eagle pilots about going there? Why don't you just go to the crewroom in Cincy there will probably be at least a dozen ex eagle guys walking around in there. Don't get me wrong, the crews at Eagle rock. Some of the best people I have ever met in the industry are at eagle, but no matter what has happened at comair, I don't look back. Let's put some facts down on paper:
1. The best thing eagle had over Comair was the reserve proffering system, from what I understand that has changed.
2. Upgrade: Nobody knows anything about this. At any airline for that matter. There is so much uncertainty right now. I'm 30 numbers away from upgrade at comair, I've been 30 numbers away for a year, and who knows four years from now, I may still be 30 numbers away.
3. Flow through: yeah, that got sold to me too. Looking back I feel like when I interviewing at eagle was like buying a car.
4. AMR and TWA, look, the writings on the wall. AA does not want to recall. So the TWA flowbacks may never leave, you can't depend on another airline for your own career advancement.
5. I have salt stains on my asss from day two on my trips at comair. Why, because I spend most of my walkaround time kicking myself in the asss remembering the winter I spent in San Juan.
6. Comair, the only way you get fired is if you lie.
Eagle, don't remember.
7. Comair still has one of the best contract in the industry....I hope fred doesn't read this. Ok, so we gave away our retirement. We gave away like .50 an hour perdiem, our reserve system is probably the worst of the regionals, and I don't know in about 4 years if I stay an FO I would maybe make the same as an 8 year eagle FO.
We kept 100% pay protection, we matched the other prostitutes on the 75% deadhead pay after concessions. That really pi$$ed me off, BTW, I voted No. We still have Min day rigs, Duty rigs, and trip rigs.
8. If you want job security, go to mcdonalds and cook as good as you can. If you can do a better job than the special people there you might have some job security. Better yet, buy some realestate and just fly for fun, let the chips fall where they may.
9. Comair is turning in to fkdkding chautaqua on their domiciles. Greensboro, NY, Cincinnati......rank right up there with Indy, richmond, greensboro. At eagle Dallas in the great state of texas, chitown, L.A., Miami, SJU, Bos, NY.
10. Comair will probably be gone in a year, because I'm there an my luck sucks. Don't worry about the labor problems at delta w/ the pilots and comair w/ the flight attendants, what can you do about it.

I hope this helps. Weigh out your options. I'll never forget the freinds I made at Eagle. Truly fantastic people there. I hope I made the right call, but I guess I won't know for about 32 years.

HarryParatestes said:
Head for Eagle, AA is bringing in the business and I believe they still have a "flowthrough" program.

:rolleyes:

Speak with an Eagle guy before you take this "advice."

My recommendation, stick with Comair for now.

If Comair goes under, then you will be marketable at other carriers with your experience. Just look at all of the Indy guys who were able to get jobs at other carriers after they were furloughed. Those guys were swept up as fast as they were furloughed from what I have seen. I would think the same thing would happen to Comair guys since the regionals are looking for experienced people. I think you will be able to get another job relatively quickly.

If Comair survives, you have your seniority and are closer to upgrade then you would have been starting over (probably? Maybe? Who knows?).

My $.02, and I probably owe you change.

srj

Latest resources

Back