Comair vs. ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Use your head.

Comair is ok today, but may be sold (possibly in pieces) any day.

If Delta wanted to sell Comair in pieces, don't you think they would have done that before spending millions in legal fees on the 1113 process? The airline is worth more as a single entity than it is in pieces. The real question is will it be sold to another airline, IPOed, or sold to a private equity group. If we're sold to another airline, I'd say stay away as status quo will rule the day. If, however, we are sold to a private equity group, there will be guarantees of growth and I think Comair will be a good place.
Either way, I don't see Comair being completely dismantled which I'm sure will come as a great disappointment to many of you here on flightinfo. The reason you are hearing about this in the press is Delta's way of soliciting bids. They're telling the market "make us some offers" and then they'll decide if it's worth it.

The only thing you'll get out of either company is $19.00/hr, some turbojet SIC, and a major freakin' headache.

Neither company will be around long enough for you to upgrade.

Really.

Comair will be parted-out for cash, and ASA is melting away to other "portfolio" carriers.....just look at who is doing the flying in Atlanta. 2- or 3- planes a month going bye-bye.

The airline is worth more as a single entity than it is in pieces. The real question is will it be sold to another airline, IPOed, or sold to a private equity group.

Either way, I don't see Comair being completely dismantled which I'm sure will come as a great disappointment to many of you here on flightinfo. The reason you are hearing about this in the press is Delta's way of soliciting bids. They're telling the market "make us some offers" and then they'll decide if it's worth it.
sorry to have to break it to you, but there are VERY few things in this world worth more as a whole than pieced out. VERY, VERY few.

sorry to have to break it to you, but there are VERY few things in this world worth more as a whole than pieced out. VERY, VERY few.

Huh? So by your reasoning, every company in America should just liquidate their assets and cash out to maximize shareholder value? You guys are just DYING for Comair to fail, aren't you?

Alright, ASA is the Titanic, extremely poor management, a used car salesman for a CEO, probably the worst ground operations of any airport, very low moral, 4.5 years of contract negotiations, and I know the company has no desire to accomplish anything at the table this year. Excellent training department, a great pilot group, and potential. All the regionals are gonna go back to the 2 year upgrade soon. It is a toss up, where do you want to live, CVG, or ATL?

Best of luck

Jehtplane

Alright, ASA is the Titanic, extremely poor management, a used car salesman for a CEO, probably the worst ground operations of any airport, very low moral, 4.5 years of contract negotiations, and I know the company has no desire to accomplish anything at the table this year. Excellent training department, a great pilot group, and potential. All the regionals are gonna go back to the 2 year upgrade soon. It is a toss up, where do you want to live, CVG, or ATL?

Best of luck

Jehtplane

ASA isn't the Titanic. It's the S.S. Minnow.

If Delta wanted to sell Comair in pieces, don't you think they would have done that before spending millions in legal fees on the 1113 process? The airline is worth more as a single entity than it is in pieces. The real question is will it be sold to another airline, IPOed, or sold to a private equity group. If we're sold to another airline, I'd say stay away as status quo will rule the day. If, however, we are sold to a private equity group, there will be guarantees of growth and I think Comair will be a good place.

I heard that Delta wanted to sell Comair in pieces to make Ipods with it...

Latest resources

Back