• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Union

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well, first of all, my DCI airline gave your guys preferential treatment, so that accusation doesn't really matter to me.

More importantly, it's a little hypocritical for a Delta pilot to act offended because Comair pilots didn't go out of their way to help, considering that Delta pilots didn't do anything for ASA or Comair pilots when times were good. I remember Delta pilots griping simply because DCI guys were getting the same non-rev priority; that's pretty childish. Point is, there's plenty of blame to go around the Delta system for everyone, and taking pleasure in someone else's troubles is kind of sad.

I'm sure you're a good person, GL, and you're usually pretty reasonable here, but whenever the topic turns to Comair and especially to Lawson, you go into this Comair obsession. It's sort of weird.

Nindiri said:
Well, first of all, my DCI airline gave your guys preferential treatment, so that accusation doesn't really matter to me.

More importantly, it's a little hypocritical for a Delta pilot to act offended because Comair pilots didn't go out of their way to help, considering that Delta pilots didn't do anything for ASA or Comair pilots when times were good. I remember Delta pilots griping simply because DCI guys were getting the same non-rev priority; that's pretty childish. Point is, there's plenty of blame to go around the Delta system for everyone, and taking pleasure in someone else's troubles is kind of sad.

I'm sure you're a good person, GL, and you're usually pretty reasonable here, but whenever the topic turns to Comair and especially to Lawson, you go into this Comair obsession. It's sort of weird.

Hmmm. Most of the furloughed pilots at DL were ex Comair and ex ASA pilots. So, the then current pilots didn't GET anything from the furloughed pilots? How about upgrades and movement? How about strike help (as given by every ALPA member)? I am sure a lot of our furloughed pilots actually paid some sort of money each month to help out. Didn't they? Yes, yes they did, just like all of the ALPA pilots. Still, your airline did help, and Comair asked for something in return. That will not be forgotten. Why am I so obsessed with this topic? Because I have very good friends that were furloughed, and it made me mad after paying a lot of money for strike relief to have my friends "stood up" by Lawson. A friendly invite would have been nice, like the ASA people. That is all that was needed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Then maybe you guys should have thought about it a little earlier, instead of looking down on DCI pilots as second class pilots not quite good enough to associate with real Delta pilots yet. All of you Delta and DCI guys are in a world of hurt now, and you guys are laughing at the guys in the back of the lifeboat because their end is taking on water. It's just amazing to watch.

Nindiri said:
All of you Delta and DCI guys are in a world of hurt now, and you guys are laughing at the guys in the back of the lifeboat because their end is taking on water. It's just amazing to watch.

Excellent analogy.

General Lee said:
Hmmm. Most of the furloughed pilots at DL were ex Comair and ex ASA pilots. So, the then current pilots didn't GET anything from the furloughed pilots? How about upgrades and movement? How about strike help (as given by every ALPA member)? I am sure a lot of our furloughed pilots actually paid some sort of money each month to help out. Didn't they? Yes, yes they did, just like all of the ALPA pilots. Still, your airline did help, and Comair asked for something in return. That will not be forgotten. Why am I so obsessed with this topic? Because I have very good friends that were furloughed, and it made me mad after paying a lot of money for strike relief to have my friends "stood up" by Lawson. A friendly invite would have been nice, like the ASA people. That is all that was needed.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General, they have a point. You're mad that the Comair pilots didn't help your pilots out, but you never gave a hoot about them until you needed something.

And I don't want to hear how you paid them strike benefits, because you had no choice. National forced you to pay or go into bad standing with the union, and my understanding is that Delta had the most deliquents of any airline from that assessment.

It's time to drop that chip on your shoulder. The weight is starting to cut off blood circulation to your brain. You used to say insightful, interesting things. Now all you do is rant how regional pilots, especially Comair suck.

We didn't kill Delta Airlines. Incompetent management and pilot greed did. Remember "UAL plus"? Tell us about that. Y'all killed the goose that laid the golden egg, now you want to blame someone else for it. Suck it up and move on, quit whining and blaming a bunch of kids on a message board.

Nindiri said:

If your going to tell a story tell the whole story. This was not your, CMR, "original" position was it.

And as no longer apart of the Delta Family, well the last time I looked you were still owned by DAL.

John Pennekamp said:
General, they have a point. You're mad that the Comair pilots didn't help your pilots out, but you never gave a hoot about them until you needed something.

And I don't want to hear how you paid them strike benefits, because you had no choice. National forced you to pay or go into bad standing with the union, and my understanding is that Delta had the most deliquents of any airline from that assessment.

It's time to drop that chip on your shoulder. The weight is starting to cut off blood circulation to your brain. You used to say insightful, interesting things. Now all you do is rant how regional pilots, especially Comair suck.

We didn't kill Delta Airlines. Incompetent management and pilot greed did. Remember "UAL plus"? Tell us about that. Y'all killed the goose that laid the golden egg, now you want to blame someone else for it. Suck it up and move on, quit whining and blaming a bunch of kids on a message board.

You might practice what you preach.

General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

Water under the bridge General.... You sure do feel strongly about your "friends" getting that crappy 19k/yer job at CMR. How exactly is that job able to "help out" our ALPA brothers????? Truth is, it doesn't......it's just something else for the mainline pilots to gripe about.."stood up by Lawson" you say, that is like complaining that your buddy wasn't able to get a date with the fattest girl in town, that is pretty weak General......you know we had some of your furloughed pilots come over to CMR and they all stayed.......for about 3 months. Get a new subject to complain about .... this one has run it's course.

Waco

www. said:
If your going to tell a story tell the whole story. This was not your, CMR, "original" position was it.

And as no longer apart of the Delta Family, well the last time I looked you were still owned by DAL.

I was ASA, not Comair. And since I recently left to go to another employer, I'm no longer part of the Delta family, although I still wish them the best.

Latest resources

Back