• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
3 months??? Good God! :eek: Why don't they just give a sim ride during the interview and weed out the boneheads then?

Do they still have the "How to talk on the radio" class?

That three months includes IOE. The ground school and sims are about 2 months + a week or so. But yes, it seems like forever.

They pay for your hotel regardless of where you are based. If you are not CVG based, then you are paid per diem.

Not so sure about that. Just heard some training department people talking the other day in ops that some pilots had their base changed to cvg and were told that they were responsible for their own hotels.

Again, that was just overheard in ops so take it for what it's worth.

Not so sure about that. Just heard some training department people talking the other day in ops that some pilots had their base changed to cvg and were told that they were responsible for their own hotels.

If it's true, that would be a good enough reason to pack your bags and go home again.

I haven't heard anything like that. But that doesn't mean much. No one is getting CVG before finishing training anyway that I am aware of. I know that if you want to bid back to CVG you can get it in a month or two. Unless you live here, I don't know why you would. You'd be on reserve for years.

Comair puts you up in a hotel and pays weekly for the training. Flight benefits do not kick in until 31 days after date of hire, however, you can get a pass to travel home. Training length is approx 3 months. First week is what they call the launch program. It's like a bridge program to introduce you to some of the systems which includes a few days in the simulators to eval your performance. Indoc is a little bit less then 2 weeks into the training.

AKA: The leave no pilot behind program. Sim instructor told me during AQP that the "launch program" is to see is guys/gals are trainable. Talked to a few of the IOE captains flying with some of the new hires and they said some are scary....not all but some. One guys said he flew with one new hire who he thought shouldn't even have a pvt. I think we are almost at the bottom now

If you are not CVG based they will pay for your hotel. Pay during training is something like $240/week. No per diem. My class stayed at the lovely Raddison of Covington. Crank and Smack addicts included. Seriously do not go get something to eat after 9pm down there unless your with some people. The hotel provides transport to the GO building. Good times here at Comair right now(sarcasm inserted). Training is about 2 and a 1/2 months including IOE. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of 121 operations.

If you are not CVG based they will pay for your hotel. Pay during training is something like $240/week. No per diem. My class stayed at the lovely Raddison of Covington. Crank and Smack addicts included. Seriously do not go get something to eat after 9pm down there unless your with some people. The hotel provides transport to the GO building. Good times here at Comair right now(sarcasm inserted). Training is about 2 and a 1/2 months including IOE. Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of 121 operations.

At least there is stuff to eat at that hotel. The Holiday Inn in Erlanger sucks, you can only eat Subway so many times. Plus the Raddison is close to the Levee so you can go get smashed on the weeknds(if you can afford it on 240/ week).

You shouldn't throw stones, College Graduate. I've read some of your previous posts and you don't do so well with a keyboard either. Give the guy a break. He asked a question, not to get jumped on because he forgot a word.

See this is why I dont ever hardly post on here....It was a joke that is why the laugh face thing was there. I am not throwing stones it was a joke that was taken way out of context for no reason..

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back