• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
relax until you start . once underway anything but memory items, limitations and profiles is fluff and will not matter in the end. dont get bogged down in systems and company f.o.m. stuff. learn that stuff only to pass the writtens and the oral and then forget it. BUT FROM DAY ONE START ON THE MEMORY ITEMS , THE LIMITATIONS AND CHAIR FLY THE PROFILES UNTIL YOU HAVE THEM COLD AND CAN FLY THEM IN YOUR SLEEP....... it is the simulator training that you want have down cold because that is where you either go to work or go home

comair

Hi !
I have a question for all of you at comair or other regionals ..
is everybody living in the city where they are based out of ?
how easy is it to commute ?
thanks a lot..

Not many crashpads have a study room, but there are a lot of libraries around town that you can use. Many people live in CVG, but many do not. I know of five people who commute out of Phoenix to here, and we have about sixty who live in Orlando and commute. Also, don't worry about the 121 regs that much. The regs are pretty short, and not difficult to learn, especially if you're used to the 135 stuff. Most of the things you need are in the ops and flight standards manuals anyway. I thought the most difficult part was the duty times and rest stuff, and most of that is superseded by the contract anyway. Don't worry, there are lot's of people who can help you with that stuff. Just know the profiles/emergency procedures and memory items like the other guy said. That is what will get you through the sim.

Good luck to all.

Where do you live in training?

I think I read in a post that Comair only pays for the first week of housing during training.

Is this true and if it is what do most people do after that? Are there any cheap monthly apartments or hotels that people stay at? What do people do?

Know your flows, know your flows, know your flows.
forget about studying 121, contract and 121 stuff is much later.

memory items and emergency procedures are show stoppers.

Reserve

...I 'll ask it here as well. Do you Comair guys know how long is reserve nowadays? And while on reserve, how many hours a month can you fly?

thanks

Latest resources

Back