Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Comair Training

just to make sure we are both looking at the same bid packet, i was referencing the latest 70-seat vacancy bid, both in printed form and on EPIC (tonight)...

Mine in printed form has 1414, just below 1413- M.L. and 1411- J.H.. Haven't seen the one on epic, but yes my printed one has 1414 released from the freeze on 10/7/2003. Strange, one of them is a mistake.

now that i have access to a contract...

5. Except as otherwise provided in paragraph O.11., below, a pilot awarded the
same status in a different equipment with the same rate of pay will incur a thirtysix
(36) month freeze.

6. Except as otherwise provided in paragraph O.11., below, a pilot awarded the
same status in a different equipment with a lower rate of pay will incur a thirtysix
(36) month freeze.

so, assuming the guy i mentioned isn't typo, i don't see why there would be a 36 month freeze...he didn't go to equip with a lower rate of pay (not possible), and i don't think it's possible to go to different equip with the same rate of pay...

actually, i guess going from 1st yr 50 seat fo to 1st yr 70 seat fo is the same rate of pay, but i'm pretty sure he was not the only one to do that...

jetflyer...this should answer your question:

c. At the conclusion of such pilot’s twelve (12) month freeze, he may be
awarded any vacancy to which his seniority entitles him.

(1) If awarded a position with a rate of pay equal to or higher than the
position from which he was junior assigned, the pilot will not be subject
to a freeze.

(2) If awarded a position with a rate of pay lower than the position from
which he was junior assigned, the pilot will incur a thirty-six (36) month
freeze.

looks like a 36-month freeze in your situation...is that how you read it?

Last edited:
Well Anaconda,

DANG!! Yea thanks for pointing that out in the contract. I just read the freezes section. Bummer. I wanted to go to Dallas when the base opened down there.

Establishment planning said to us on my first day that Dallas would only be a 40-50 seater base to start. So looks like if I want to go there after my 1 year freeze, I'll be an FO there in the 50 for 3 more years!! That stinks. Well looks like unless the 70s go to Dallas after a while, I'll be a 70 seat FO in CVG until I become captain!

As a matter of fact looks like all of us that are JMed will have almost no choice but to stay on the 70 till we become captain in the 50, otherwise the earliest we can become captain is 4 years after we start in the 70. WOW.

I hope the senior captains aren't as miserable to fly with as everyone keeps saying!!

Jet

Yea 1390 is strange. That's a relatively new employee too. V.B. couldn't possibly have bid for lower pay. Couldn't have been an FO in the 70. that has to be a mistake??

Anaconda, (or anyone else)

I am close to coming to CVG. Want to get ahead of the game. Is there anywhere to download the Profiles?

Gregory

gregory...i'm not aware of anywhere to download the profiles...

having just completed the crj initial course, i can honestly say that not having any material ahead of time is probably not a huge deal. while i can understand your desire to get ahead, the tng department is excellent at comair and they will provide you with all of the materials you need to succeed in this course. they have great materials to cover the flows and they provide ample instruction in that area as well as others.

positive rate, jetflyer, or skiddriver, any other thoughts on the subject?

Last edited:
Well I did study some before I went and I found I was ahead of everyone it seemed like the entire time because of it.

I studied flash cards from:
www.atozinaz.com/crj

They have flash cards covering the systems, limitations, and memory items.

Because I studied them I was familiar with every memory item before I went there, and familiar with every limitation.

I think knowing those allowed me to study my flows, setups for approaches, standard calls and maneuvers more when it came time for those instead of studying for the systems test and memory items test so much. I had no previous airline experience so I needed to spend more time on all the calls and flows I think than others.

I do agree with Anaconda though, that if you go there and just study hard you don't need to study anything. It's not a complete cake walk though, so take it seriously.

Just go in there with a positive attitude and you'll all do fine,
Jet

were there any differences between the memory items/limits on your flash cards and comair's data?

one other thing...know your flows and callouts before you get to FTD 1. i probably don't have to tell anyone that, but my sim partner was recycled for that very reason. makes the sim tng so much more easier...

one more thing...there is a gouge sheet available with limit's/e.p.'s. unfortunately i don't have it on computer or with me now, but you may be able to get it from the indoc instructors if nothing else when you get there...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back