Comair Training

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anaconda,
The emergency procedures and limits were identical. Except they only covered the 3B-1 engine. As you know there's only like one or two differences, but you have to know the 3b-1 stuff for the tests anyway.

I totally agree with Anaconda on knowing your sim profiles and FLOWS before the FTDs. My partner actually failed the checkride, but passed the retest, I feel because he was so behind in knowing those.

He had only barely glanced at the Flows and profiles because the FTD 1 is like 5 days after you take your EMERGENCY PROCEDURES AND LIMITATIONS test, which you have to make a 100 on. It's not easy either, a lot to memorize.

Good luck to everyone, just got called for a trip,
See ya,
Jet

I would recommend against studying anything in advance unless it's actually photocopied out of the FSMs. Primacy rules during training and if you study the wrong stuff...well, you'll be worse off. If you absolutely need to study something, get that study guide from Chip Wright... [email protected] (i think?) and start reading over the ops specs and weather sections. I did that and I felt ahead of the game during indoc.

Comair's training is phenominal. If you dedicate yourself and study like you really want to be here, you will have no problems. I know it's hard, but relax and enjoy your downtime because you'll be studying your butt off once you get here.

Just my 2 cents...

you will commonly hear the phrase "firehose" when talking about airline tng. among army types, i often hear this being described as going through the IE course and the AQC at the same time!

that being said, i honestly didn't think it was that bad. true, at times it can seem like a ton of info in a short period of time, but truthfully it isn't if you break it down. it is a very long course and i think ample opportunity is given to learn everything. one of the keys is time mgt, a trait you know we learned in the army. as i and others have said, you can't wait until the last minute to study any particular topic. e.g., don't wait until two days before the e.p./limits test to start studying for it...

to put it in army terms...AQC level but you should already have an IE level of instrument flying before you get here...

also, this tng is not the "build an airplane" type of tng, a philosphy i felt the army had and many old-school types have. if you simply focus on what the instructors teach you that is really all you need to know for this phase of tng.

in case you didn't get the answer to your crashpad question, there were several advertised at the tng center, and a few more in the breakroom at the sim bldg that you might also want to check out.

are you still in the 14 oct class?

Cool!

So you mean I don't have to build the airplane!!!.....come on, I've built many C-130's now all the way down to the 86 degree switch....lol.....

3 year freeze

Update on the 3-year freeze:

Anaconda, I think its the next page in the contract after the one you quoted which talks about a freeze after being jr. manned. I don't have the contract with me, but if I remember correctly it says something like:

There is a 3-year freeze if a pilot bids back to a position with a lower pay FROM which he was jr. manned. This being the case, I/we were jr. manned FROM the 50 seater, and we would want to bid back to that. Since we were jr. manned out of the 50 seater and we want to go back to the 50 seater, it is the same pay, i.e. not a step down in pay, hence no three year freeze. I know this sounds confusing, and this part of the contract will probably be interpreted a few different ways before the final decision is made, but thats what we've come up with now. If anyone has immediate access to the contract, I'd appreciate a quoted post. I think it was under the "Jr. Manning" section.

A friend of mine wanted me to post this since his computer doesn't work. 3 classes in Oct., 2 in Nov., and 3 in Dec., 10-15 per class. If all goes well they plan on hiring 30 per month for the next 15 months.

I have friends who interviewed first week in May and are being called as alternates. I also received an e-mail from AIR, Inc saying that Comair will be scheduling interviews at the DCA job fair.

For those of us in the pool - I see these as great signs. I think the pool is clearing out a lot faster than they expected - nothing official, just a gut feeling.

Hope to see you all in class soon.

update on the 3-year freeze...not to beat a dead horse, but the latest vacancy bid for the 70-seater didn't have that date on it so i guess they must have cleared whatever happened up...

Congrats!

Confratulations to the poolies that got classes on the 14th and 21st!!

Those of you that started on the 14th, any news? anything to share? I hope you have internet access in CVG, so you can keep the information flow... well flowing;)

How about anybody else? anybody in the pool got a call for the 28th? or maybe even November?

PositiveRate, Hows life in the Sim, are your sim sessions also @ 5am?

Well everybody take care and have fun!! :p

Rich!

Latest resources

Back